Chef de Cuisine
We are currently seeking a full-time Chef de Cuisine for a new restaurant located in Waikiki Market, opening this fall in the Lilia Waikiki.
About the Store:
Waikiki Market is coming to the Lilia Waikiki this fall! Designed to be a destination for visitors and locals alike, the 27,000 sq. ft. Waikiki Market will showcase Hawaii’s favorite foods through various prepared food venues and will include a restaurant/bar on the 1st and 2nd floors. Waikiki Market will be the only full-service grocery store in the Waikiki area and will present Hawaii’s diverse culture and passion for great food through its offerings.
The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for delivering an exceptional high-quality food experience while also managing a profitable food operation. The Chef de Cuisine will work with the corporate chef to create and execute a must visit food establishment. The Chef de Cuisine will be responsible for delivering consistently outstanding dishes while implementing safe food handling practices, maintaining a clean and organized kitchen and managing food sales, and labor, food and supplies cost.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations. Make changes as necessitated by the needs of the business.
- Accountable for meeting budgets for food, labor and direct operating expenses as they pertain to the culinary department.
- Work in tandem with restaurant manager to hire, coach, counsel and conduct performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Collaborate with corporate Chef on on-going menu development for our standard menus, seasonal menu changes, internal menu tastings, and special events.
- Manage and continually monitor food production execution to ensure quality, consistency, efficiency, productivity and professionalism are at highest level.
- Take on new assignments with an eager and helpful demeanor.
- Responsible for proper ordering and inventory control.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- AOS Culinary School graduate or related training.
- Passionate culinarian with great palette and sense of presentation.
- Ability to multitask, adapt to change and work well in environment with time constraints.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills, performing work accurately and efficiently while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills including delegation skills.
- Ability to meet budgets including labor, food and applicable direct operating costs.
- Possesses administrative skills: knowledge of spreadsheet, database, word processing programs, general office equipment: copier, fax, scanner.
- Able to work independently and on a team.
- Willingness to be open, to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including weekend and holidays in order to accommodate business levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must comply with all company policies and requirements including the COVID-19 vaccination policy.
- TB Clearance required.
Benefits include competitive wages, medical insurance, paid vacation and sick time, 401k retirement plan with a company match, and more!
To apply, please attach your resume as a PDF via this posting or visit waikikimarkethawaii.com/info/careers.