Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
This position will report directly to the Executive Director at the local U.S.VETS site and will regularly receive guidance from the Vice President of Human Resources at U.S.VETS National Office. This position will coordinate human resources activities at the site level and will advise management on employee issues.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
- Consults with the VP and Associate Director of HR in the creation, documentation and implementation of human resources policies, programs and processesand updating job descriptions
- Manages all aspects of employment and recruitment, screens applicants, schedules interviews, facilitates new hire process, and handles termination process
- Coaches and prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs
- Assists with payroll process to include staff training on proper time and activity reporting and resolution of any payroll discrepancies; monitors the scheduling of breaks and meal periods to ensure compliance with government regulations
- Manages and coordinates the annual performance review process
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements
- Leads the investigation of employee relations issues and researches employee grievances; suggests appropriate resolutions to the Executive Director.
- Responds to HR questions and coaches managers and supervisors on the appropriate response to employee questions
- Consults with Executive Director and senior site management on issues of managerial style and effectiveness; provides feedback on effective supervisory relationships and efforts to improve employee turnover
- Manages the benefits enrollment process for new employees and annual open enrollment process and response to all employee questions concerning benefits and work rules
- Researches and assists the VP and Associate Director with responses filed with government agencies
- Responds to initial unemployment claims and employment verifications
- Provides high caliber human resources administrative support for site management
- Calendar and tracks key dates of human resources events
- Plans logistics for employee meetings and trainings, including preparation of PowerPoint presentations and data, room reservations, and technology set-up
- Maintains local copies of employee files and records for convenience while ensuring that all the necessary documents are forwarded to the National Office for inclusion in the official employee record located there
- Proactively analyzes and makes recommendations for continuous improvement in the department
- Sets priorities, meets deadlines and follows up on assignments with a minimum of direction
- Maintains standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required; a minimum of 3 years of experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of federal and state human resources compliance and laws
- Ability to manage complex office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment and initiative
- Approaches work with a positive, professional demeanor and a high degree of organization, attention to detail, and strong follow-up skills
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the professional savvy of communicating at all levels
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
U.S.VETS subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, U.S.VETS intends to comply fully with applicable federal, state, and local employment laws and the information requested on this application will be used only for purposes consistent with those laws.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT - REQUEST FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
In accordance with requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is U.S.VETS’ policy to provide reasonable accommodation to applicants who request accommodation during the application process in order that the applicant may be given a full and fair opportunity to be considered for employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, you or someone else may submit your request to U.S.VETS in any of the following ways: by telephone 213-542-2600 and ask for the HR Assistant]; or by U.S. Mail or hand delivery: U.S.VETS, 800 West 6th Street, Suite 1505, Los Angeles, CA 90017, Attention: Human Resources – Job Applicant Request
Employee signature below indicates the employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Employee Print______________________________________ Date__________________
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.