Working with the Manager of Project/Process Improvement & Training, develops, administers, organizes, and conducts training programs for credit union employees; evaluates and enhances existing training programs and makes recommendations for improvement. This position reviews, analyzes and evaluates business processes and user needs to improve/organize operational procedures and to ensure consistency within the credit union.
- Research, develops and writes material for new training programs, evaluate and modify existing and proposed programs and recommend appropriate changes.
- Conducts new employee training and other applicable training.
- Coordinates and conducts core system training (new modules, updates, etc.).
- Works with the IT Department to review all system releases and updates to ensure that all departments are notified with applicable changes.
- In conjunction with system updates, develops training for all releases, updates, etc.
- Ensures that new hire and other applicable training are kept current and updated.
- Coordinates outside training classes.
- Develops and maintains library system for CUNA training modules (STAR and MERIT).
- Develops, maintains and presents internal product/service sales training and operational training tracking system for all employees training and provide monthly and year-end training reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Specializes in the internal training of credit union products/services.
The following duties are completed in an accurate and timely manner:
- Updating existing training manuals.
- Reviewing releases and updates for core system.
- Developing training programs as directed by Senior Management.
- Maintaining training tracking system.
- Positive feedback on training evaluations.
- All training conducted in a professional manner.
- Positive feedback in coordinating CUNA, FEAH and other outside training classes.
- Develop and provide a minimum of hours per Strategic Plan goal for Product/Service Knowledge training to employees on an annual basis
Education/Certification: High school diploma or GED is required.
Required Knowledge: Must be knowledgeable in MS Office Suite.
Experience Required: Two years training experience.
Two years public speaking or group presentation experience.
Skills/Abilities: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Excellent analytical, creative, and problem-solving skills.
Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
Able to work independently and make sound decisions.
Able to create spreadsheets and analyze data.
Activities and Requirements of this Position:
Repetitive Motion: Movements frequently and regularly required using wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Communication Skills: Must frequently convey detailed or important instructions of ideas accurately and quickly.
Visual Abilities: Average visual acuity necessary to read, prepare and inspect documents or products.
Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive information.
Physical Strength: Sedentary work (sitting most of the time). Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry-out detailed instructions and to deal with problems involving variables.
Mathematics Ability: Able to perform basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using a calculator.
Language Ability: Able to write complex sentences using normal word order with present and past tenses, as well as a command of the English vocabulary.
Air-conditioned, smoke-free office setting.
Please note that scheduled attendance requirements may change due to business needs.
Monday through Saturday. Business hours are subject to change. Must be able to work additional hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.