Senior Network Analyst
This position assists the Information Technology Manager in overall planning, organizing, and execution of all security and system functions. This includes directing information security, building security/administration, systems and networking infrastructure, communication systems, disaster recovery, telephone systems, other software and hardware and office equipment and contract management. Assists in supervising and managing the workflow of IT projects to ensure quality and service availability. This position is also part of the team that is on 24x7x365 “on call” rotation.
- Lead and coordinate network projects (i.e., firewall, core router/switch, protocols, security, etc.).
- Integrate complex high availability and multi-level fault tolerance system for the enterprise.
- Researches and recommends solutions based on security, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
- Key member of the information security response team.
- Responsible for security of member information.
- Liaison to core system vendor
- Coordinates the implementation and maintenance of all system releases and patches following standard patch and change management procedures.
- Ensures compliance with National Credit Union Association (NCUA) & Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) rules and regulations.
- Directs I.T. operations and projects as needed.
- Trains I.T. staff members.
- Conducts daily monitoring/management of credit union information technology systems.
- Documents procedures to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of vendor contracts including periodic due diligence reviews
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimize downtime disruption in information systems.
- Timely response to system, user, and vendor issues.
- Minimize security breaches using appropriate systems and programs.
- Maintain 24x7x365 network operations.
- Maintain disaster recovery plan/business continuity plan.
- Protect integrity and security of member information.
Education/Certification: Four-year degree or equivalent work experience.
Certifications: CNA Certification, Global Information Assurance Certification, Cisco Certified Network Associate.
Required Knowledge: Working knowledge of all information systems programs: Core, Office 365, telephone, and security.
Able to set up and configure network devices (i.e., router, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection system, cables, etc.)
Knowledge of network device troubleshooting and installation (hardware installation and removal, operation system installation, reload, applying security patches, etc.)
Working knowledge of project management concepts preferred (requirements gathering, resource planning, identify financial cost, etc.)
Experience Required: Minimum 5 years in data/voice telecommunication or network security experience (i.e., installation, repair, troubleshooting, system architecting, etc.) or comparable experience.
Skills/Abilities: Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skill
Excellent analytical, creative, and problem-solving skills.
Able to develop technical standards and procedures in draft for review and approval preferred.
Able to architect complex I.T. solutions into the current I.T. infrastructure preferred.
Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
Able to work independently and make sound decisions.
Physical Activities and Requirements of this Position:
Repetitive Motion: Movements frequently and regularly required using wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Communication Skills: Must frequently convey detailed or important instructions of ideas accurately and quickly.
Visual Abilities: Average visual acuity necessary to read, prepare and inspect documents or products.
Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive information.
Physical Strength: Sedentary work (sitting most of the time). Must be able to lift, push and pull up to a minimum of 70 lbs.
Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry-out detailed instructions and to deal with problems involving variables.
Mathematics Ability: Able to perform basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing using a calculator.
Language Ability: Able to write complex sentences using normal word order with present and past tenses, as well as a command of the English vocabulary.
Air-conditioned, smoke-free office setting. Employee must be able to travel to conferences and/or meeting sites.
Please note that scheduled attendance requirements may change due to business needs.
Monday through Saturday, as scheduled. Business hours are subject to change. Must be able to work additional hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.