This position supports the President/Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors by providing administrative services in a professional, efficient, and confidential manner.
- Performs secretarial and clerical duties, including answering correspondence, maintaining appropriate records and files, prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and assists the President/CEO with day-to-day operations. Also provides support duties for Senior Management and the Board of Directors, as needed.
- Prepares drafts of policies, correspondence, spreadsheets for the President/CEO’s review, as needed.
- Prepares materials and schedules/coordinates meetings for the Board of Directors. Works closely with the President/CEO in finalizing monthly agenda.
- Coordinates President/CEO, management, Board of Directors conference/seminar registrations and related travel arrangements, when requested. Prepares itinerary for each traveler.
- Under the direction of the President/CEO, prepares spreadsheets, graphs to analyze and summarizes special projects for the President/CEO’s review.
- Prepares and assesses annual mileage reports for the Board of Directors.
- Takes and prepares minutes of meetings as determined by the President/CEO.
- Coordinates all Board of Director and Board Education meetings, including but not limited to, ordering and picking up lunches/dinners, setting up the boardroom to ensure a smooth and timely meeting.
- Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with all management and employees to ensure cooperation within the credit union.
- Coordinate Annual Board Planning Session, including the preparation of planning materials.
The following duties are completed in an accurate and timely manner:
- Secretarial and clerical functions.
- Board agenda.
- Organize Board of Directors and senior management meetings.
- Seminar, conference, and travel arrangements.
- Spreadsheets, graphs and summary analysis of special projects.
- Minutes, documents, reports and files are accurate and timely. Files are accurate and maintained.
- Excellent communication and coordination between management, Board of Directors, volunteers, and employees.
- Exhibits professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
Education/Certification: High school diploma or GED required.
Required Knowledge: Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
Experience Required: Three to four years administrative or executive assistant experience.
Skills/Abilities: Proficient typing and writing skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Excellent analytical, creative and problem-solving skills.
Project management skills and well organized.
Able to work independently and a strong team player.
Able to create spreadsheets, graphs, analyze and prepare a summary of pertinent information.
Proficient in transcribing minutes.
Activities and Requirements of this Position:
Repetitive Motion: Movements frequently and regularly required using wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Communication Skills: Must frequently convey detailed or important instructions of ideas accurately and quickly.
Visual Abilities: Average visual acuity necessary to read, prepare and inspect documents or products.
Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive information.
Physical Strength: Sedentary work (sitting most of the time). Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry-out detailed instructions and to deal with problems involving variables.
Mathematics Ability: Able to perform basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using a calculator.
Language Ability: Able to write complex sentences using normal word order with present and past tenses, as well as a command of the English vocabulary.
Air conditioned smoke-free office setting.
Please note that scheduled attendance requirements may change due to business needs.
Monday through Saturday. Business hours are subject to change. Must be able to work additional hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.