The Outreach Coordinator for U.S.VETS is responsible for the coordination of the screening and intake process for new clients admitted to the program. This position also requires substantial contact/collaboration with area agencies that provide services to the homeless, as well as outreach efforts to those veterans who are living in substandard conditions. The individual in this position reports directly to the Program Manager. This position will also provide supervision to other outreach staff and/or volunteers as needed.
FLSA Classification : Exempt
- Working knowledge of area service providers including employers
- Responsible connecting homeless and at-risk veterans and their families with housing and services
- Conducts screening of potential clients
- Facilitation of admission and discharge process
- Identifies goals of potential clients to assure suitability for the program
- Tracks and maintains database of clients served by outreach process
- Performs interventions and crisis resolution with client
- Supports and upholds the principles of the program and communicates with Case Managers and other staff regarding client issues when needed
- Participates and contributes to weekly client staffing meetings
- Assures compliance with grant requirements to include eligibility verification and documentation such as homeless status, veteran status, income status, etc.
- Compiles mandatory intake documentation/verification and assure the file is complete with that documentation
- Maintains acceptable occupancy rate for the program
- Facilitates room change and assignment process for existing clients
- Assures consistent and regular outreach efforts with area homeless service providers/agencies
- Provides site coverage on an as-needed basis
- Assures proper and timely communication with Case Management and Veteran Services departments
- Provides regular updates to Program Manager, Operations Manager, and Executive Director regarding admissions, client developments, changes, discharges, etc.
- Assist in training of new staff
- Plans, implements, supports and troubleshoots staff training on issues of safety, toxicology testing processes, and other areas as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in social services field or another related field preferred. Minimum of four years of relevant employment experience may substitute for degree requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in related field. Two years of employment at U.S.VETS may substitute for supervisory experience.
- Experience working with homeless and/or veteran population preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of clients, staff, and community members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership and conflict management skills.
- Demonstration of personal and financial integrity in the workplace.
- Ability to take direction, work independently with minimal oversight, and to work within a team.
- Valid driver’s license required. Must meet company insurance requirements and complete a provided driver training course.
Employee signature below indicates the employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position.