CAD/Designer (I through III)
CAD/Designer (I – III)
Thermal Engineering Corporation (TEC) is a consulting engineering firm specializing in mechanical and fire protection engineering. TEC has experience in the design of air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, pumps and piping, automatic fire suppression, fire alarm, power generation and heavy industrial systems. Incorporated in Hawaii in 1978, the firm provides a wide range of engineering services including engineering investigations and studies, planning studies, design, and construction management services for new and existing facilities.
We are seeking CAD Operators / Designers (Level I – III) to provide drafting and design support/direction for the project team, by performing duties and tasks related to the drafting and design activities of the project team. Incumbent provides drafting support or applies current drafting knowledge and experience for various engineering projects for the corporation by utilizing CAD software. Maintains an understanding of CAD software regarding their capabilities, limitations, and the effect on the design process. Provides technical support for the adaptation and modification of standard designs, procedures, and criteria. Implements CAD standards and procedures while committing and accepting ownership for meeting project schedules and deadlines. Degree of difficulty and responsibility of specific job functions depend on position (CAD Operators / Designers (Level I – III).
- CAD experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass background check (which includes criminal history, credit screening, education, and employment verification) and drug screening.
- Must be able to obtain US military security clearance.
- Driving is required. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Able to understand and apply basic to advanced drafting concepts.
- Prepared drawings utilizing CAD software, such as AutoCAD, Revit, Microstation, and others.
- Ability to read drawings provided by engineers and apply the concepts and terminology used.
- Convert hand drawings to computer printout.
- Correct drawings based on markups made by engineers.
- Able to perform non routine and drafting assignments that require the application of standardized drawing techniques, including preparation of backgrounds and conversion of drawings to Microstation.
- Adept at multi-tasking and able to prioritize workload and schedule to ensure deadlines are met.
- Able to work independently in the office and field.
- Effective communicator, able to verbalize ideas clearly with others accurately with team and other subconsultants as needed.
- Able to work closely with the CAD team to meet the project schedule and goals.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD MEP and/or Revit MEP.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and/or Bluebeam Revu.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently with little supervision.
- Experience in the Architectural-Engineering consulting field is a plus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Occasional work outdoors.
- Regular standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and reaching above/below the shoulders.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of performing on-site observation visits, which may require the use of ladders and working at heights.
- Based on experience and qualifications.
As part of our commitment to our employees and their well-being, TEC provides employees with a variety of benefits.
- Competitive Pay.
- Paid Time Off and 10 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Drug/Vision Health Plans
- TEC pays 100% of the employee’s premium for a base plan. Subsidized for two-party/family plans.
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Profit-Sharing Plan with a 401k feature
- Free gated/covered parking
Position Type/Working Conditions:
This is a full-time position. The hours of work are Monday-Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm. Weekends may be required. Working conditions involve an indoor office setting and occasional fieldwork. Travel in the local area and possible out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to do this job. The Company reserves the right to amend the job requirements for this position at its sole discretion. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals to perform job functions.
Thermal Engineering Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.