Administrative Assistant (I through III)
Administrative Assistant (I – III)
Thermal Engineering Corporation (TEC) is a consulting engineering firm specializing in mechanical and fire protection engineering. TEC has experience in the design of air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, pumps and piping, automatic fire suppression, fire alarm, power generation and heavy industrial systems. Incorporated in Hawaii in 1978, the firm provides a wide range of engineering services including engineering investigations and studies, planning studies, design, and construction management services for new and existing facilities.
We are seeking a responsible and organized individual to provide general office administration functions and technical assistance to support various engineering and administrative projects for the corporation including filing and organizing documents and records, production/project tasks, and human resources support. Responsibilities include general office support, including receiving phone calls and emails, receiving visitors and deliveries, arranging for pickups and deliveries, and preparing mailings. Performs specification processing/formatting and uses cost estimating software. Maintains company supply and inventory system. Provides technical support for the use of MS Office and Adobe Acrobat software applications. Degree of difficulty and responsibility of specific job functions depend on position (Administrative Assistant I – III).
- Must be able to pass background check (which includes criminal history, credit screening, education, and employment verification) and drug screening.
- Must be able to obtain US military security clearance.
- Driving is required. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management and personnel.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently with little supervision.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to enter data accurately and efficiently into computer software and systems.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Adhere to safe handling procedures for confidential/sensitive information.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a business-related field preferred.
- 1 year of office administration experience.
- 2 years of Microsoft Office Suite experience with proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Experience in the Architectural-Engineering consulting field is a plus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Regular standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and reaching above/below the shoulders.
- Occasional use of a step ladder is required.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 40 lbs. (e.g., banker boxes).
- Based on experience and qualifications.
Position Type/Working Conditions:
This is a full-time position. The hours of work are Monday-Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Weekends may be required. Working conditions involve an indoor office setting and occasional fieldwork. Travel in the local area and possible out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to do this job. The Company reserves the right to amend the job requirements for this position at its sole discretion. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals to perform job functions.
Thermal Engineering Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.