The Arc in Hawaii is a non-profit organization with deep roots in Hawaii. We provide both residential and day services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID) on Oahu. Our mission, in part, is to support the rights of individuals with ID to be included and fully participate in their respective communities throughout their lifetime.
We are looking for an experienced Case Worker who has the desire to give back to their community, while utilizing their skill set in implementing programs for the ICF/ID program rendered to participants in the residential, Adult Day Health (ADH) program and community settings.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Special Education, Human Services or related fields
• One year of volunteer or work experience assisting persons with ID
• One year of supervisory experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Proven Leadership
Preferred, but not required Experience:
• Case worker experience in a similar capacity
• Therap data management system
• Working knowledge and application of normalization principle and ICF program experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Ability to maintain discretion
• Use of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge in using assistive devices (Hoyer lift, wheelchair, walker, and gait belt)
General Job Duties:
• Develops Individual Program Plans (IPP) and positive Behavior program plans and trains and supervises staff in implementation of those plans
• Evaluates and develops plans of action for Incident reports on assigned residents.
• Effectively communicates with residents, family members/guardians, interdisciplinary team members, or surveyors to resolve any issues or report changes in the resident’s condition
• Ensures that residents received needed services and programs as discussed at the interdisciplinary team meetings
• Ensures program and facility compliance on all applicable standards, policies, and regulations
• Documents all significant events and progress and maintains records on each resident
• Assists in plan of corrections following Federal and or State licensing surveys
• Makes recommendations to the ICF Program Manager to continue or discharge the resident from the program if the setting no longer meets the resident’s needs
• Prepares and distributes reports necessitated by regulation or requested by the ICF Program Manager
We have a mandatory Covid vaccination policy in place.
Pre-hire requirements include FBI fingerprinting, Criminal record check, and Physical examination. These are paid for by The Arc in Hawaii. Initial 2-step PPD is also required.
Generous and competitive benefits offered include: 14 paid holidays, Paid time off, which starts accruing upon hire date, choice of healthcare coverage between HMSA or Kaiser (dental, vision, and drugs included), AFLAC, Life insurance, and 401K (employer matching).,
Full-time/Exempt: Monday through Friday with availability on weekends as needed
Pay range: Commensurate with experience
Drug Free Workplace