Driver Commercial Drivers License-A (HI only)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Driver Commercial Drivers License-A (HI only)
This is a delivery position responsible for driving a tractor-trailer to deliver and unload various
products for Sysco customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills and working
under state and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco safety preferred
work methods. Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early
morning start times are required to successfully meet customers’ needs.
• Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform the
management team of any deviations.
• Unload product from trailer, by hand or using a hand cart, and place in designated customer
storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather
• Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently
reach up to 72” to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart.
• Constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading products, and retrieving items from
• Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for
authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
• Collect money (cash or checks) where required.
• Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary
• Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities following the Department of Transportation (DOT)
regulations and Sysco policies and procedures.
• Perform coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as needed.
• Complete DOT logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports
and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
• Follow SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any
• Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions
in the warehouse and yard.
• Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart,
pallets, load bars, and personal protective equipment.
• Attend all required company meetings.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• 2 years local food or beverage delivery experience preferred.
• Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience preferred.
• Must be 21+ years of age.
• Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with a “clean” driving record (including no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 10 years).
• 1-year commercial driving experience.
• Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check, Physical Abilities Test).
• For internal associates, or if market conditions warrant, Sysco may opt to require completion of Sysco’s Entry-Level Driver Training Program within first 12 weeks of Driver employment, in place of 1 year CMV experience.
• Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
• Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
• Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
• Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
• Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
• Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
• Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
• Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and the safety regulations.
• Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
COMPETENCIES To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
• Building Customer Loyalty
• Managing Work
• Building Trust