Project Accountant, Branch Manager and Multiple Banking Roles Available!
Industry: Government & Banking
Duration: Direct Hire
Hours: Monday – Friday, Normal Business Hours; Schedule Varies
Location: Honolulu, HI & Pearl City, HI
Pay Rate: Starting at $47,000/annual - $99,000/annual, Based on Experience
These firms offer a variety of products and services to include, but not limited to, consumer and commercial banking, mortgage lending and loans, architecture planning and design for private and commercial homeowners, state and federal government agencies in Hawaii, West Coast & East Coast offices.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on all business bank accounts
- Verify the validity of transactions on a daily basis
- Ensure there is sufficient cash in accounts to cover upcoming business expenses, outstanding checks, payroll, etc.
- Input journal entries and accounting for all transactions using Quickbooks Online and assisting the firm’s CPA in preparing their monthly and annual compiled financial statements (sending monthly packet). Reviewing CPA’s completed financial statements to ensure accuracy.
- Payroll on a semi-monthly basis, and ensuring current wages, retirement contributions, etc. are accurate. (With ADP)
- Ensure all of the firm’s designations are current and kept up to date (AIA, WOSB, 8a, etc.)
Project Accountant Responsibilities
- Work with Project Managers to properly setup and maintain projects, including contract fee, budgets, and billing information.
- Analyze project performance and participate in project review meetings with PMs, including identifying opportunities for additional fees.
- Analyze AR retainage report to ensure the issuance of final closeout invoices.
- Develop and execute integrated sales, relationship and community strategies that are aligned with the branch’s business plan and that grow the customer base. Strategies include but are not limited to cold/appointment calls, outbound telephone calls, in person meetings, business networking and participation in branch and community events.
- Hires and develops quality staff ensuring proper skills and staffing levels to ensure the highest level of customer service. Quickly resolves issues of non-performance including termination in accordance with Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Ensures all employee related actions comply with HSB policies and procedures as well as all employment laws and regulations.
- Holds regular staff meetings and communicates regularly with staff about the banks’ strategic vision including customer advocacy.
- Operates within the annual branch budget and revenue projections during the year, communicating goals to staff.
- Determines guidelines for rejects/returns within the branch operation application based on parameters set by retail leadership. May support staff with risk assessment decisions and determine rejects/returns utilizing defined approval authority.
- Responsible for branch performance on audits and compliance with established bank operating procedures and practices.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in Accounting, Finance, and/or bank branch environment as an Assistant Branch Manager, Business Development Officer, Customer Service Supervisor, Branch Manager, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Accounting, or related field and equivalent experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Strong business and financial acumen including the ability to assess and manage risk.
- Ability to make decisions, research and solve problems, work independently, and manage multiple priorities.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules including but not limited to after hours, weekend and or holidays.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other business/ERP/MRP system.
- Local travel may be required. Valid driver's license, vehicle, and liability insurance required.
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks.
Interested Applicants: Please email your resume and interest to email@example.com, or visit us online at www.staffingsolutionsofhawaii.com to view additional positions. Applications will only be reviewed for applicants currently living in the state of Hawaii and who are available for an interview with Staffing Solutions. #SSOH
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, including females, minorities, protected Veterans and those with disability.