Who We Are
At ProService Hawaii, we're proud to offer our FlexWork to our employees. FlexWork means that we offer our employees the option to work remotely, in office, or a mix of both. ProService Hawaii is authorized to do business in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where ProService Hawaii is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with our Talent Acquisition team to learn more. Please note that some roles do require our employees to be available during normal business hours (8am - 5pm HST).
At ProService Hawaii, we empower local businesses to succeed by offering a bundled solution to help employers hire, retain and manage their employees. As Hawaii's leader in HR outsourcing and administration for over 25 years, our clients get access to a full service solution for their HR needs, at an affordable cost. For more information about our purpose and solution, visit Proservice.com.
Becoming an employee of ProService means that becoming part of our #PROhana. As one of Hawaii's Best Places to work for 15 straight years, we strive to grow high performing people backed by our Employee Promises of freedom to grow, a #PROhana of amazing people, and opportunities to make your mark and affect change. To learn more about our culture, visit Proservice.com/career
We're looking for an HR Specialist! You will serve as a key member within a dedicated HR Services team that is empowered to deliver expert local service to a portion of the team's assigned client partners. This role is directly responsible for building and maintaining relationships with a range of client contacts ranging from Chief executives to small business owners and front line managers; by processing timely and accurate payroll/HR Administration providing consultations and solutions on various types of payroll issues, and ensuring overall client satisfaction.
- Provide consultative support to an assigned book of clients by demonstrating subject matter expertise in supporting client inquiries pertaining to HR administration, payroll, and benefits administration.
- Manage a team inbox through phone queues and email. Partner with internal resources and SMEs including Client HR, Client Success, Safety, and Benefits.
- Demonstrate empathy to help identify underlying needs, and present win-win solutions.
- Provide end to end HR administrative support including processing new hires and terminations, pre-employment screening, ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Administer payroll for the same book of clients with varying pay schedules and types.
- Collect timesheets, audit for compliance and accurate billing, processing earnings, deductions, status changes, generating client reports, and posting of payroll and direct deposits.
- 3+ years customer service experience in a fast paced environment
- Prior HR, payroll, benefits admin, accounting/finance experience desired
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Google Applications
- Customer Focus. Regularly monitors customer satisfaction. Meets internal and external customer needs in ways that provide satisfaction and excellent results for the customer. Establishes "partner" relationships with customers. Regarded as visible and accessible by customers.
- Negotiation/Persuasion. Achieves favorable outcomes in win/win negotiations. Demonstrates effectiveness in salvaging tense negotiations. Exhibits persuasiveness during change; able to sell a "vision".
- Analysis Skills. Identifies significant problems and opportunities. Analyzes problems in depth. Relates and compares data from different sources. Able to determine root causes and subtle relationships among data from various sources. Exhibits a probing mind. Achieves penetrating insights.
- Conceptual Ability. Deals effectively not just with concrete, tangible issues, but also with abstract, conceptual matters.
- Judgment / Decision Making. Demonstrates consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity in decision-making. Achieves balance between quick decisiveness and slower more thorough approaches, i.e., is neither indecisive nor a quick judge. Shows common sense. Anticipates consequences of decisions.
- Team Player. Reaches out to peers to tear down walls or remove roadblocks. Overcomes "we-they" relationships. Approachable. Earns a reputation for leading peers toward support of what is best for total company. Cooperates with supervisors and establishes collaborative relationships with peers (without being pushy).
- Adaptability. Able to be flexible with new pressures (competition, loss of talent, new priorities). Adjusts quickly to change. Copes effectively with complex situations.
- Organization/Planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient productive manner. Focuses on key priorities. Effectively juggles multiple projects. Anticipates reasonable contingencies. Pays appropriate attention to detail. Manages personal time well.
Benefits & Perks
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- 401k Company Match
- Generous paid time off including 7 observed holidays, floating holidays, and paid volunteer time.
- Company contribution towards individual healthcare plans (medical, drug, vision, and dental)
- Flexible Spending, Life, and Accident insurance programs
ProService Hawaii is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, and local law. ProService is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com or you may call us at 808-394-8878.