The Role: Engineer Summer Intern (2023) Requisition #3389
Reporting to the Reliability Superintendent you will be providing service to our production and maintenance teams. As part of your specific responsibilities, in the following areas, you will:
• Aid refinery engineers and other refinery personnel in one or more of the typical refinery engineering disciplines (Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Instrumentation).
• Under the direction of refinery engineers, the Intern will be assigned to various engineering departments to gain practical, hands-on experience and training that will provide an opportunity for growth, learning and development within the Refinery and Petroleum industry.
• Perform as a team-player and work effectively/cohesively within the department and with individuals company-wide in order to gain a broad perspective of the various departments and operational functions of the company.
• Seek out and communicate any opportunities that will further enhance the internship experience.
• Conduct work safely while learning, understanding, and adhering to company policies and procedures.
• Attend various meetings and training sessions, primarily for informational purposes.
• Current Engineering student pursing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Instrumentation Engineering
• Minimum GPA of 3.0.
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Par Pacific prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.