Certified Nurse Aides
Join us in Caring for our Kupuna. To you, Hawaii's Healthcare Warrior, we invite you to join our Ohana to serve and care for our Kupuna.
Are you looking to work for mission driven and passionate warriors like yourself? Looking to grow within an organization? We are Ohana Pacific Health, Hawaii's largest, locally owned post-acute healthcare company, we positively impact thousands of lives each year with the "Ohana Experience", an organizational culture based on excellence and genuine care. Our vision is to transform how healthcare is provided throughout Hawaii.
Ann Pearl in Kaneohe, Hawaii is looking for passionate Certified Nurse Aides to help us with providing care and services for residents, that include personal and restorative care and activities of daily living. Our mission is to promote, maintain, and encourage all residents to function at their highest physical, mental, and psychosocial level.
Hilo is also looking.
Shift: Non-Exempt Full-time, Part-Time, Day and Night Shift available *
* Full-time (40 hours or more a week), Part-time (20 hours or more a week), Casual (less than 20 hours a week)
** Day Shift (6 AM - 2:30 PM), Evening (2 PM - 10:30 PM), Night (10 PM - 6:30 AM)
Duties include but are not limited:
- Orients resident to the unit and facility: Bathroom, call system, shower schedule, and lanai/common areas; introduces to residents at table; informs of meal schedule and snack times; and informs of activity calendar and where activities are held.
- Assists residents with their physical needs including positioning, feeding, transporting, transferring and toileting.
- Provides emotional, psychosocial, and spiritual support to residents as appropriate.
- Prepares and assists with physical exams: Collect vital signs and weight. Dress resident appropriately.
- Provides care as instructed: AM/PM/HS care and personal hygiene: groom, hair brushed; teeth brushed or swabbed; storage and cleaning of assistive devices such as dentures, hearing aids and glasses; hands washed; Pericare; dressed neatly; weights as ordered (report gain/loss in 1 week period to Charge Nurse); showers as scheduled; position bed bound residents every 1 to 2 hours as needed or as according to plan of care. ROM exercises in group in am and pm or individually with care.
- Assists residents to designated table for meals/snacks. Checks tray card meal to ensure correct diet served. Serves residents and assist as needed.
- Restocks supplies as assigned; takes care of linens keeping linen cart covered at all times; restocks floor supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Collects specimens as requested by Charge Nurse: sputum, urine or stool.
- Responds to resident calls, call bells, call lights, alarms immediately. Responds to family requests immediately. Informs Charge Nurse when required.
- Intervenes and reports abuse (mental, verbal, physical, sexual, psycho social/emotional, isolation, financial) immediately to Charge Nurse.
- Reports injury to resident, visitor and/or self to Charge Nurse immediately and reports illness/change in resident condition to Charge Nurse.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) certification with the State of Hawaii .
- One year of experience in long-term care, healthcare, or worked with elderly population preferred.
- Good command of English, both written and verbal.
- Current and valid 2 Step TB clearance and health review (can be done in-house).
- First Aid and CPR preferred. (can be done in-house)
For immediate consideration, please apply through our website at www.ohanapacific.com.
Ohana Pacific Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by federal or state law. Learn more: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Acquisitions team.
Ohana Pacific Health participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more at: E-Verify
Ohana Pacific Health Caring for the Kupuna