Maintenance Technician I
Hunt Military Communities, a division of The Hunt Companies, is a preferred owner/manager of military housing for the Navy, Air Force, Army and Marine Corps.
To learn more about us go to https://www.huntmilitarycommunities.com/about-us
The Maintenance Technician I will provide general maintenance to housing being rented to families. This position may also perform work to get rental unit ready during change of occupancy. As Maintenance Technician, you will be a valuable member of the maintenance team. You will be responsible for checking, troubleshooting, and making routine repairs in the following areas: air conditioning, water heaters, plumbing, painting, carpentry, and other building maintenance areas. Maintenance Technician I personnel will frequently work outdoors in all weather conditions, as well as in attics, crawl spaces and other tight spaces depending on the maintenance requirement.
Essential Job Functions
- This position requires driving for the company using either a company vehicle, rental vehicle or their personal vehicle.
- Respond to service requests regarding furnaces, air-conditioning systems, appliances, water heaters and solar collection tanks, disposals, general plumbing, carpentry, painting, and other required maintenance items, as may be
- Maintain equipment such as tools, gauges, snakes, drills, etc., in ready
- Understand the proper use of equipment and chemicals and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Follow and adhere to an established preventive maintenance program for all heating and ventilation systems and perform the required maintenance including replacement of filters,
- Assist in the make ready of vacated units including, but not limited to, painting, sanding, and varnishing, floor tile removal and replacement, ceramic tile replacement, dry wall repair, fixture repair and/or replacement, floor stripping, waxing, and polishing, window repair and/or replacement, etc., as will from time to time be required. Similar work as described above may also be required on the exterior of the home to make
- Perform emergency maintenance as required including sewage back-ups, water main and/or lateral breaks (dig to expose line, repair, and replace soil as needed), fires, other types of water leaks, appliance repairs,
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely
- Reliable and dependable attendance and punctuality are essential for this
- Perform other duties and projects as
Experience and Qualifications
- Have general knowledge of the maintenance trades such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and
- One to three years’ experience in building
- Must have a valid driver’s license and
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights up to 50 pounds
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Will be required to be on-call for after-hours emergency maintenance on a rotating basis on call rotation, approximately once every two weeks supporting Ohana Military Communities (All Phases).
Requires a team player who pays close attention to detail and who can prioritize in a fast-moving environment. Must demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of different people in a variety of situations.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.