V.P., PARATRANSIT SERVICES:
The Vice President of Paratransit Services (VP) has the general management responsibility for the entire HandiVan system. The VP oversees an operation with about 400 employees including paratransit van operators and reservations, scheduling, dispatch, and customer service staff. Maintenance of vehicles and facilities, finance (budgeting, timekeeping, payroll, FTA reporting, accounts payable, etc.), human resources, and information technology are supported through centrally administrative departments. The full complement of TheBus expertise and support services is available to solve special problems. The VP maintains external relations with the disability community as well as the responsibility to manage internal matters. The paramount mission for the VP is to drive the program objectives for users rather than just maintaining inhouse operations.
Please refer to the attached document on our website for additional details of the position requirements and essential functions.
Special Knowledge & Skills:
1. Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
2. Knowledge and understanding of Federal, State, and County compliance policies, standards and procedures.
3. Strong knowledge of the disability community network and resources for customers, including but not limited to non-profit and for-profit agencies, State and County providers, etc.
4. Able to evaluate the current organizational structure and develop specific plans for organizational or operational changes which would benefit the paratransit program.
5. Able to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals and serve a diverse population of our community with professionalism.
6. Able to utilize a computer with standard word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and other
Education, Training & Experience:
1. A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Transportation Planning, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field (advanced degrees appropriate to position are desired). A bachelor's degree may be substituted with ten (10) or more years of supervisory management experience in public transportation.
2. Minimum of seven (7) years of senior-level management experience in a medium to large company or an equivalent combination of education, training, and related experience.
3. Five (5) years of senior-level experience in administration, operation, and management of paratransit services desired.
4. Experience with project management such as implementation or upgrade of an enterprise computer system.
5. Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills; and the ability to effectively work with senior management, board of directors, staff, general public, and various City agencies.
Other Job Requirements & Conditions:
1. Demonstrate strong leadership and management skills, including selecting, supervising, and coaching staff, monitoring staff performance, and evaluating department effectiveness.
2. Able to work with sensitive administrative and personnel information in a confidential manner.
3. Must be willing and able to respond to emergency situations at all hours.
4. Must pass a Company-sponsored drug screening.
• Noncontributory family medical plan
• Employer-funded defined benefit pension plan
• Section 457 deferred compensation plan (IRC 457)
• Partially supported group life insurance program
• Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
• Optional pre-tax cafeteria plan and various medical and disability insurance programs
• Free Bus transportation for employees
• Free Handi-Van transportation (for employees meeting eligibility requirements)