HR Specialist II
HR SPECIALIST II:
Provide support and perform a variety of functions in the Human Resources Department.
Job Duties listed below will be assigned based on education, skills, and experience of selected candidate:
- ADMINISTRATIVE: Data entry into the Transit Operations Personnel Profile System (TOPPS), digital scanning/filing of documents, maintenance of confidential employment files, answer department's main telephone line and respond to inquiries from employees/applicants, complete employment verifications, and create/edit/proofread documents including memos, bulletins, and meeting minutes.
- LEAVE MANAGEMENT: Process, track, and analyze employee leaves and requests for accommodations related to sick leave benefits, Temporary Disability Insurance (TDI), Long Term Disability Insurance (LTDI), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Hawaii Family Leave Law (HFLL), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Workers' Compensation, and other federal/state leave laws.
- OTHER DUTIES: Assist with Drug & Alcohol program in compliance with DOT/FTA guidelines, track and process employee DOT physicals, issue and process employee performance appraisals and salary increases, manage health & welfare benefit enrollment and reports.
Special Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of laws, regulations, and guidelines related to Human Resources practices and procedures desired.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn OTS policies, procedures, and collective bargaining agreements.
Education, Training & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business, or related field required. (Bachelor's degree may be substituted with an Associate’s Degree and 2 years of related work experience -OR- High School Diploma and 4 years of related work experience.)
- Certification from SHRM or HRCI preferred.
- Minimum of one year of Human Resources experience administering FMLA/HFLL/TDI or FTA/DOT compliance programs.
Other Job Requirements & Conditions:
- Works with limited supervision and manages multiple and rapidly changing priorities; organizes, sets priorities and exercises sound judgment within areas of responsibility, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Establishes and maintains highly effective working relationships with board members, executives, employees, vendors, customers, and others encountered in the course of work.
- Uses the appropriate degree of tact, discretion, and diplomacy in addressing sensitive situations.
- Must be a highly motivated individual with excellent work performance and attendance record.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Full time position: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday; required to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must pass a Company-sponsored drug screening.
- Employer-paid family health benefits (medical, prescription drug, dental and vision)
- Employer-funded defined benefit pension plan
- Employee-funded deferred compensation plan (IRC 457)
- Group Life Insurance and Long-Term Care Insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Disability Benefits: TDI and LTDI
- Free Bus transportation for employees
- Free Handi-Van transportation (for employees meeting eligibility requirements)