Operates bus to transport passengers in a safe manner over specified local routes providing high level of customer service and operating according to time schedule. Safely operates bus or vehicle in accordance with defensive driving practices, traffic regulations, and observes traffic lights, other vehicles, and pedestrians on street to avoid accidents. Safely opens and closes doors and starts and stops bus to allow passengers to enter or leave bus. Regulates air condition, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort. Reports delays, accidents or incidents by radio or telephone. Inspects bus and makes operational checks before departures. Collects fares from passengers, issues transfers, and answer questions concerning fares, schedules, routings, and bus stops. Records readings and information as required by procedures. May assist disabled passengers safely into and out of bus and safely secure wheelchairs with retaining devices.
Special Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of local bus system, towns and roadways on Oahu highly desirable.
- Must have pleasant personality and be able to deal safely, tactfully and effectively with the public.
Education, Training & Experience:
- Must be high school graduate.
- CDL A or B with Passenger endorsement preferred.
- CDL B permit with Passenger endorsement preferred.
Other Job Requirements & Conditions:
- Must be willing/able to work various shifts, Sunday through Saturday.
- Must pass Company-administered exam and oral interview.
- Must have valid Hawaii State driver's license with clean traffic abstract.
- Must be able to meet standard physical requirements and pass Company sponsored medical examination and drug screening.
- Employer-paid family health benefits (medical, prescription drug, dental and vision)
- Employer-funded defined benefit pension plan
- Employee-funded deferred compensation plan (IRC 457)
- Group Life Insurance and Long-Term Care Insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Disability Benefits: TDI and LTDI
- Free Bus transportation for employees
- Free Handi-Van transportation (for employees meeting eligibility requirements)