NEPA PROJECT MANAGER
NEPA PROJECT MANAGER
The NAVFAC team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training.
As a NEPA Project Manager with NAVFAC Pacific, you will be a part of a workforce that plans, organizes, and ensures the completion of construction work in the Pacific. You will utilize your management knowledge and planning skills to support NAVFAC Pacific and other commands and fleets. Consider joining a workforce where you can create a wave of change, even while on land.
As a NEPA Project Manager you will:
- Prepare and review environmental/planning documents (Environmental Assessments, Overseas Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, and Overseas Environmental Impact Statements) by analyzing the necessary research, fieldwork, and analyses.
- Assess the environmental impacts of military programs, operation exercises, construction projects, and force alignments.
- Coordinate and control investigations, analyses, and preparation of requested environmental studies.
- Provide environmental planning consultation services, professional guidance, and general assistance regarding the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) to supported commands.
- Lead an individually chartered team to complete National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents, while simultaneously mentoring co-workers regarding Navy and Marine Corps compliance with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Manage contracts for environmental planning services and ensure that task orders are technically adequate, timely and cost-effective environmental planning data/products.
Salary: $102,444 - $133,176
A Cost-of-Living-Allowance (COLA) of 9.28% will be added to the stated salary
- SECRET Clearance
- Valid State Driver's License
- Bachelor’s Degree: Disciplines - Environmental Engineering, Engineering Technology, Physics, Chemistry, Architecture, Computer Science, Mathematics, Hydrology, or Geology.
Our health insurance program offers you choice and flexibility to suit individual or family needs with no exclusions for pre-existing conditions, as well as a substantial employer contribution to premiums. Other health benefits include Dental and Vision Insurance programs, Flexible Spending accounts, Long Term Care Insurance and Federal Employees Group Life Insurance Program with no physical required for initial enrollment.
We offer an outstanding three-part Retirement Program encompassing our Federal Employees Retirement System, Thrift Savings Plan – a 401(k) type plan with employer contributions up to 5%, and Social Security benefits.
Additional benefits include paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, alternate work schedules, and telework may be authorized for eligible positions.
Most of all, as a NAVFAC civilian employee you can serve your nation and support America’s warfighter.
If this sounds like an opportunity and benefits you are interested in, please apply!
Requirements for all NAVFAC Positions:
- A US Citizen aged 18 or older at time of hire
- Males registered or exempt from Selective Service www.sss.gov
- Determined suitable for federal employment (process includes a background check and fingerprinting)
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will need to pass the E-Verify employment verification check.
Visit us on LinkedIn for NAVFAC world-wide job opportunities