Home Delivery Supervisor
The Home Delivery Supervisor is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operations and supervision of the department’s meal and support services. The Home Delivery Supervisor ensures services are safe and carried out with customer service and satisfaction in mind. This includes managing personnel, maintaining service standards, supporting a safe work environment including safe food handling and sanitation procedures, and managing the available resources. The Home Delivery Supervisor supports the mission, vision and values of the organization and upholds and enforces the guidelines and policies of the organization, and demonstrates Lanakila Pacific’s values of teamwork, excellence, achievement, and motivation in all personal interactions and exemplifies Lanakila’s STAR service standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Implementation and Infrastructure
- Manages the daily operation of the home delivery service.
- Ensures all safety procedures all practiced and enforced throughout the packing and delivery process including safe food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Oversees the ordering, handling and disposition of materials in the packaging room.
- Records and tracks all incoming and outgoing assets. Conducts and/or supervises the daily and monthly meal inventory and related reports and advises the Meals on Wheels Manager of inventory levels.
- Assigns, monitors and updates routes to meet customer demand, food safety requirements, and driver capacity. Monitors for D.O.T. adherence, driver hours of service, driver training, and driver safety records.
- Advises drivers about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards.
- Manages vehicle maintenance to ensure proper upkeep and required safety and sanitation of vehicles.
- Follows up with customer or emergency contact if delivery is missed to ensure customer safety and schedule a redelivery.
- Update’s information in ServTracker system or other appropriate software program including notes, changes in schedule, and redeliveries.
- Coordinate’s operations to ensure accurate preparation for next service day.
- Analyzes operations, schedules and service times for cost control and efficiency.
- Assists in the development of long-term resolution to service-related issues.
- Ensures customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicates information to and from volunteers, team members, and customers.
- Works with Volunteer Coordinator to place, train, retain, evaluate, and terminate volunteers.
- Creates and maintains a fiscally responsible work environment, eliminating waste and efficiently utilizing resources.
- Ensures accurate reporting of expenditures, activities and statistical data. Supports the preparation of data/reports for billing and inventory.
- Ensures projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. Monitors program expenditures for ongoing and as needed supplies.
- Promotes program in line with Marketing Department standards.
- Provide public presentations and demonstrations. Represent the organization at various events, seminars, activities.
- Assists with fund raising events.
- Contribute to the production of newsletter articles and other promotional materials.
- Participates in the development of inter-department policies and procedures.
- Attends and conducts meetings to assure complete coordination of services. Relays accurate information to staff.
- Works with Director and Manager of Lanakila Meals on Wheels Manager on developing appropriate standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for the security of all assets assigned.
- Assists with developing the annual budget and ensures projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget through regular monitoring of outcomes and expenditures, on assigned projects.
- Demonstrates cultural competency and the ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures, socio-economic backgrounds, and cognitive abilities without bias.
- Serves as a role model for the staff, participants and volunteers and as a member of the leadership team works to create a healthful and respectful environment.
- Supervises and directs the day-to-day work of staff, assists with performance evaluations and improvement plans as needed, and appropriately addresses complaints, documents incidents and disciplines employees.
- Participates in the recruitment process and makes recommendations for hiring.
- Ensures all safety procedures and practices are followed and enforced, and that safeguards and proper safety gear, such as gloves, are used when appropriate.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with confidential information and comply with established policies, procedures, and practices.
- Demonstrates a willingness to gain and possess thorough knowledge of Lanakila Pacific’s programs and seeks ongoing educational opportunities related to the position.
- Performs other reasonably related business duties as assigned, including but not limited to program promotion, representing the organization at events, and participating in fundraising activities.
- Completes training as mandated by organizational policy.
- Assists with developing the annual budget and evaluating monthly financial statements.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Industry Knowledge: is familiar with industry best practice, publications, and professional standards; adapts to new realities in the industry; understands the key needs of the industry and how it relates to Lanakila Pacific. Ability to make non-routine choices within established precedent.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Ability to use good judgment and initiative by considering relative costs and benefits of situations.
- Ability to give clear instructions or directions to others.
- Ability to observe, evaluate and document effectively in writing at the management level.
- Ability to engage effectively in speaking and active listening.
- Ability to choose a communication behavior that is both appropriate and effective for a given situation.
- General ability to facilitate the transfer of information and knowledge through vocal or written communication. Ability to demonstrate emotional stability and the ability to relate to people.
- Relationship Management:
- Ability to launch and deliver a project requiring collaboration between multiple entities.
- Ability to coordinate external resources or utilize body language and gesture when communication barriers exist.
- Adaptable to changing situations such as lack of time or resources.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups of people and the ability to work in a team setting and to maintain cooperative and productive working relationships.
- Critical Evaluation:
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems, identifying the best people for the job.
- Monitoring/assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective actions.
- Ability to plan, organize, and meet deadlines. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Technology/Tools: Ability to use various software systems, intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office products, or other comparable programs.
- Monday through Friday, 6:30 am – 4:00 pm, or Saturday 6:30 am – 12:00 pm. Hours and work days, including weekends and holidays, may vary due to operational needs and contract requirements. Indoors, office setting, production areas including inside walk-in reefer/freezer. Outdoors in various residential and community settings, travel to provide services, to see employees, outreach, attend meetings, etc., as required.
- Education: An associate degree from an accredited institution in Business, Public Administration, Operations, or related field. OR a high school diploma or Certificate of Completion or equivalent plus years of experience in a closely related field may qualify to be substituted on a year-to-year basis for the education requirement.
- Experience: One year of supervisory experience and one year of operational experience.
- Clearance/Certification: 1) TB clearance, 2) Criminal background check, 3) Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing, 4) Child Protective Services/Adult Protective background check.
- CPR/First Aid Certification, Department of Health Food Handlers Safety (Obtain on the job)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver abstract.
- Experience: One year of work experience in a human services program or direct customer service serving the elderly and/or disabled; one year of work experience in leading and managing volunteers; one year of food service experience.
Lanakila Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our mission, we strongly encourage individuals with challenges or disabilities to apply.