Director of Finance
Director of Finance
The Director, Finance is a finance and accounting generalist who leads the FP&A and corporate finance functions, which includes spear-heading strategic planning (including business risk assessment), annual budgeting process, financial forecasting, variance analysis to budget, internal performance reporting and projects as assigned. The position also will be responsible for the capital expenditure process. The position will liaise with a broad cross section of the Company's personnel in Hawaii as well as affiliates on the US Mainland.
1. Drives the strategic business planning process, which will drive capital allocation discipline.
2. Develops, implements and maintains an effective planning, budgeting and analysis capability to provide the organization with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of the Company's businesses.
3. Responsible for leading the preparation of monthly operating report packages for distribution throughout the Company. Routinely aggregates and communicates business unit and company consolidated financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications. Supports the accuracy and effectiveness of the closing process through analytical review and trend identification and analysis.
4. Prepares presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings and various strategic committees of the company.
5. Leads initiatives in support of a wide variety of specific corporate objectives, including but not limited to risk identification and mitigation, and compliance.
6. Oversees the capital spending review process for the company. Coordinates capital review meetings, pre-review vetting process and all aspects of formal capital expenditure request (CER) documentation. Conducts post-mortem review of capital projects.
7. Partners with internal and external finance, accounting, treasury, tax and shared services resources as appropriate.
8. Build and work with cross-functional teams. The ability to coordinate across departments and motivate staff members to complete projects according to both internal and external deadlines is vital. This ensures that financial projects are submitted according to laws and guidelines and helps support organizational performance by delivering a high level of project completion.
9. Oversees, coaches, and supervises direct reports.
1. Complies with all safety rules and cooperates in the fullest in the promotion of safety and safe work habits, to include the reporting of any unsafe conditions or acts. Maintains all EH&S training on a current basis.
2. Complies with all applicable corporate company policies and procedures.
3. Maintains assigned work area and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe manner; performs housekeeping duties as required and/or instructed. Works in a safe and responsible manner.
4. Performs all other related duties as instructed by supervisor/manager.
Required Education and/or Work Experience:
o Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, or related field required.
o Minimum ten (10) years of finance and accounting experience with progressive responsibilities, especially with exposure to public company and SOX compliance operations.
o Significant experience working in a team environment with experienced professionals, with strong, professional communication and writing skills and top notch analytical and spreadsheet skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required
o Working knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles and prior experience working in a SOX control environment
o Ability to meet deadlines associated with routine public company financial reporting cycles, while operating in strict compliance with applicable company policies and codes of conduct.
o Occasional interisland and US Mainland travel required.
Preferred Education and/or Work Experience:
- Public company accounting experience or MBA with prior relevant public company experience strongly preferred.
- Regulated financial background