Asset Integrity Engineer/Pipeline Integrity Data Scientist
Asset Integrity Engineer/ Pipeline Integrity Data Scientist
IES Downstream, LLC (IES) is seeking an Asset Integrity Engineer / Pipeline Integrity Data Scientist in Kapolei, Hawaii. Under the general supervision of the Vice President, the Position provides technical support to the operating pipeline facilities to develop, implement and continuously improve the Pipeline Integrity Management plan (IMP) and Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA). The individual will focus on both Mechanical Integrity and Operational Integrity as key performance drivers.
The major job duties include:
• Develop and implement the pipeline integrity management program (IMP) for IES pipeline facilities.
• Develop, implement and continuously improve data driven solutions to support a Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) model and integrity assessment planning.
• Design, develop and implement new data processes to extract, cleanse, integrate and conform disparate pipeline data sources from across the organization for loading into dimensional data models.
• Identify and present potential pipeline integrity process improvements and follow-through with implementation once stakeholders / senior management agreement for the improvement is obtained.
• Perform data driven risk and engineering assessments, present results with recommendations and implementation plans in an easy-to understand format for senior management and execute the presented plan once approved by the senior management.
• Provide support for other aspects of integrity related programs, processes and procedures as required.
• Assist in analyzing multiple sets of pipeline data using excel and specialized software packages. Assist in the development of risk assessment algorithms.
• Perform data analytics on large data sets.
• Provide inspection scope, mechanical scope of work and construction work packages for various repairs and piping modifications.
• Lead project work as project manager on Capital Expenditure Projects.
• Participate in or lead Process Hazard Analysis (PHA).
• Participate in or lead Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
• Evaluate and execute Management-Of-Change (MOC) requests.
• Support inspections by providing engineering analysis of inspection data and recommending changes to inspection frequencies and monitoring.
• Support critical shutdown and commissioning projects by providing complex technical scope-of- work, construction packages, operational procedures and training documentation.
• Lead internal / external audits regulatory compliance. Identify cost savings opportunities for assigned areas.
• Teamwork Work effectively with coworkers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive, positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions; and respecting diversity of the IES workforce in actions, words and deeds.
• Maintain commitment to a high standard of safety, comply with all safety laws and IES safety policies/rules and report actual and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel to further IES core value of safety.
At a minimum, the qualified candidate will have: a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering and five (5) years of mechanical engineering experience in an energy generation plant environment which included at least one (1) year experience in data analytics with an emphasis on risk modeling. Alternatively, will accept a Master's degree in Data Science or Data Analytics field AND a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering and two (2) years of mechanical engineering experience in an energy generation plant environment. Additionally, will have skills in the following gained through work experience or through completing a relevant course of study as part of a degree or credentials program: working knowledge of integrity, risk and mechanical engineering; programming experience in VBA, Python, R, SQL and/or other similar programming languages; experience with relational databases; Microsoft Office Suite skills, including editing and proofreading; and Meridium/Maximo/SAP database understanding.
Special Software/Hardware Skills Programming experience in VBA, Python, R, SQL and/or other similar programming languages; experience with relational databases; Microsoft Office Suite skills, including editing and proofreading; and Meridium/Maximo/SAP database understanding.
Salary: To be Determined
IES, the licensee of the Texaco brand, is an equal opportunity employer.