Assistant Branch Manager, Retail Banking (Honolulu, HI) $2500 Sign-On Bonus
Assistant Branch Manager, Retail Banking (Honolulu, HI) - $2500 Sign-On Bonus
HomeStreet - HI - Honolulu - 2 South King Street
EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.
Job Description Summary
POSITION SUMMARY: Leads Relationship Banker staff in providing a level of service that builds the reputation and branch experience of being a trusted provider of financial services that is superior to other banks. Assists District Manager in implementing strategies to achieve annual consumer, business deposit and customer retention goals to achieve targeted bank, branch, and District objectives. Leads branch staff in promotion of sales through coaching and staff motivation. Provides scheduling and workflow prioritization. Participates in community events to increase the Bank’s visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities. Responsible for overseeing the efficient operation of the branch, including deposit, checking and relationship referral activities. In addition, oversees compliance, product sales, customer service, and security and safety. Ensures bank operations minimize bank risks and protect customer assets. Responsible for branch performance on audits and compliance with established bank operating procedures and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Engages and supports team members in seeking opportunities to enhance client relationships with additional solutions of value and client retention efforts. Conducts joint calling activities with team members. Mentors by guiding, empowering, challenging and advocating employees’ growth.
- Models by demonstrating the behaviors and actions that drive the growth of the HomeStreet Bank brand.
- May generates business and leads through outside calling efforts and capitalizing on internal opportunities and referral sources.
- Oversees the daily branch operations, ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and the delivery of exceptional service. Partners with District Operations Manager in the execution of operational excellence and achievement of operational goals.
- Partners with the District Manager to provide overall leadership of branch and District including performance evaluations, goals and coaching. Ensures the right activities are being done by the right people to generate desired results.
- Ensures compliance with Bank and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Participates in activities of the community, clients, and market. Actively supports Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
- Takes ownership and assumes personal responsibility for the actions of self and others.
- Uses HomeStreet Bank’s tools and behaviors to drive production, retention, and exceptional customer service.
- Responsible for branch scheduling and timecard management.
- Assists District Manager with establishing quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily sales goals for the branch and District. Monitors and tracks sales and service performance of staff making adjustments as necessary.
- Handles external contacts with employees of other financial institutions, customers, governmental agencies, and other organizations regarding planning, business, and other matters. These contacts are required to promote customer service, public relations, and civic activities.
- Accountable for branch performance on audits and compliance with established bank operating procedures and practices. Primary support person for daily branch operations including teller transactions, account maintenance, cash balancing, branch capture, ATM services, and Cash vault.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a bank branch environment as a Relationship Banker or equivalent and two years in a Supervisor or Assistant Manager role or equivalent.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a bank branch environment.
- BS/BA degree in business/management related field or equivalent experience. Strong financial acumen required.
- Proven history of negotiation and influencing skills. Proven sales techniques and sales management skills.
- Demonstrated skill in soliciting business for bank deposit products and services.
- Ability to identify client needs, present banking solutions and bank products. Proven ability to retain existing customers and develop new customer relationships.
- Excellent letter writing and public speaking skills
- Professional staff development, performance management, training, and employee counseling skills are required. Proven ability to lead and develop a team.
- Strong people relations skills and ability to work with employees and customers in a cooperative manner.
- Ability to make decisions, research and solve problems, work independently, and manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledgeable of changes in the banking industry and in banking technology.
- Ability to embrace and facilitate change, caused by customer demands, corporate needs, or regulatory requirements.
- Time management skills
- Local travel required. Valid driver's license, vehicle, and liability insurance required.
This Position Description may not be limited to the Functions and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example, changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements of this position.
Retail Banking (Sales)