Catering Coordinator Job Description (online job posting)
The Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel is currently looking for a full-time Catering Coordinator. This person will be responsible for providing accurate administrative support to the Sales and Catering Team in a high paced environment. Responsible for servicing existing clients with aloha as assigned by the Sales Team. Responsible for providing excellent guest service to all Hotel Guests and potential guests.
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for covers and revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate as needed on individual functions within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals.
- Responsible for prompt handling (within the business day) of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client.
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to upsell clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility.
- Complete coordination of the Sales group functions
- Review function contracts prior to distribution to client and hotel staff.
- Follows up on the progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists, cut off dates, etc. to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Generate “thank you” notes to clients after functions with prompt follow up of negative client feedback as necessary.
- Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business.
- Send menus, Hotel information, Thank You letters and all other correspondence to clients.
- Responsible for typing and processing of sales contracts, typing internal and external correspondence and distribute such paperwork to hotel departments and hotel guests as needed.
- Assist in the compilation of figures and data for month end and other sales reports.
- Handle guest requests as needed. Be knowledgeable about the hotel’s facilities and services. Answer questions and relays basic information to the guest.
- Ensure all guests who experience a problem receive an appropriate response, any promised compensation is delivered, and an appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
- As needed, check banquet functions prior to guest arrival and make personal contact with client at the time of function with proper introduction of service staff who will handle the event
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other departments
- High school graduate, some college coursework is preferred.
- Associate’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years previous experience as a sales administrative assistant in a hotel environment preferred.
- Previous direct experience with Delphi and OnQ systems preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task in a busy environment, follow through on guest and employee requests, ensure guest satisfaction, and work as a team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity.
Hilton Waikiki Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please call 808-921-5504 or email Cindy Fujioka at email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.