Grounds Maintenance Worker
HAWAIIAN MEMORIAL PARK CEMETERY
‘Perpetual Endowed Care’
45-425 Kamehameha Hwy
Kaneohe, HI 96744
POSITION: GROUNDS MAINTENANCE WORKER (FULL-TIME)
(TEMPORARY HIRE MAXIMUM THREE (3) MONTHS
CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT SUBJECT TO EVALUATION)
LOCATION: HAWAIIAN MEMORIAL PARK CEMETERY
QUALIFICATIONS: Able to follow instructions. Dependable. Good attitude. Must
be able to lift 60 lbs., bend and stand for long periods of time,
able to tolerate being exposed to sun for long periods, and able
to work in the rain. Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s
abstract required. Able to perform duties listed below:
WORK HOURS: Sunday through Saturday (Rotating Shifts)
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Maintain cemetery grounds and facilities to ensure that they are
well kept and clean.
- Operate string trimmers throughout the grounds.
- Use power hedge trimmer, saws, mowers, and other equipment
to keep park shrubs, trees, and other plant growth trimmed and
in good condition.
- Reset markers, vases, and site buttons to ensure that they are
positioned correctly to avoid damage.
- Clean and improve pools, spillways, urn gardens, mausoleum,
columbarium, roadways, and other features and facilities.
- Remove artificial flowers, objects, wilted flowers, and plants and
and haul rubbish to dumpsters.
- Empty trash containers and haul rubbish to dumpsters.
- Operate sprayers for weed and plant control.
- Assist grounds workers in the performance of their primary
- May perform all cemetery duties as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.