Security Lobby Receptionist
Position Title: Security Lobby Receptionist
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Oversee lobby security operations that will include answering and responding to phone calls, greeting, and directing visitors, conducting security screenings, and general administrative and front desk duties.
- Protect the organization by maintaining and safeguarding our property and main lobby entrance.
- Knowledge of security system.
- Performs all opening and closing duties, including visually securing the front gate and turning off monitors and lights.
- Greets and directs all invited visitors, clients, and guests.
- Ensures completion of sign-in security procedures and stays calm under pressure.
- Strong observation skills and able to be assertive with uninvited guests at the gate.
- Properly routes all incoming phone calls if unable to initially help the caller.
- Assists with Content’s needs with archiving footage when able.
- Assists with development department duties such as labeling thank you postcards, organizing bulk mail, preparing packets for distribution at special events and other such duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Associates degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Minimum of one year receptionist or customer service experience preferred.
- Computer skills, valid driver’s license required.
- Able to use discretion with confidential matters.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.