Digital Marketing Coordinator
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Position Title: Digital Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President of Communications
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt
Hawaiʻi’s only locally owned and nonprofit statewide television system, PBS Hawaiʻi, is seeking a full-time Digital Marketing Coordinator to help us to continue to transform the PBS Hawaiʻi experience.
PBS Hawaiʻi is a trusted window to the world and right here at home, and the Digital Marketing Coordinator helps to bring this local and global experience to our customers through social and digital media. This position oversees the day-to-day digital and social media activities of local and national content which contributes to the overall digital strategy for all PBS Hawaiʻi programs. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will have a passion for storytelling and the ability to develop and execute digital content strategies that will enhance our station’s brand, engage our social communities and drive the conversation. This position will grow and maintain a strong online social and digital presence for PBS Hawaiʻi to inform, help to drive exposure, interest and engagement and maintain existing followers and attract new ones.
- Work with VP COMM to develop and implement digital and social marketing strategies.
- Content creation
- Optimize existing local and national content to help drive traffic and create conversation and
- Create, write and develop new content for the stationʻs social media platforms.
- Help support real-time social engagement around key programs and initiatives.
- Create and edit short-form videos for social media platforms.
- Brand Presence
- Build and maintain social media presence across the station’s platforms.
- Interact with the online community through the management of community comments and engage in relevant conversations.
- Manage paid and organic social media promotions.
- Develop company-wide social media efforts and digital strategies to drive engagement, exposure, awareness and fan engagement.
- Develop, create and manage the social and digital content calendar.
- Measure and report on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns across various platforms. Provide recommendations.
- Research and recommend new ways to build engagement through social media.
Additional Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist with providing onsite assistance and support of internal and external events such as virtual film screenings.
- Support the COMM team with capturing video and photos at PBS Hawaiʻi events as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including administrative work.
- Understanding that the scope of social media may fall outside normal business hours.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Successful track record in developing social and digital media content and managing platforms for nonprofit and/or for-profit organizations.
- Strong record of responsiveness and engagement with comments and direct messages on social media platforms.
- Adept at tracking social media engagement and identifying high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability.
- Comfortable in creating and producing original content and writing captions that speak to the station’s audience.
- Skilled at developing strategies to increase social media engagement.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to remain diplomatic and calm under pressure.
- Propensity to work collaboratively in a cross-functional department, and to foster communication and collaboration internally and externally.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative, act proactively and meet deadlines.
- General love and appreciation of pop culture, technology and stays up-to-date with trends and influencers in social media, digital media and marketing industries.
- Well-informed on best practices for social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knack for creating engaging content.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to multitask.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro)
- Familiar with social media analytic and management tools such as Hootsuite, Tagboard, SproutSocial, Facebook business manager, Creator Studio, Instagram and Insights, Twitter and Google analytics.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in social media and/or digital marketing, content creation and social media/digital media management
- Strong content development, editing experience and writing skills
- The ability to provide examples of a robust, personal social media/digital media portfolio and/or a business portfolio with examples of social media platforms that were managed while employed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.