As a Warehouse Generalist, you will fill in for any position in the warehouse including, but not limited to: Selector, Dock Worker, Palletizer, etc.
- Perform duties of a Warehouse Worker
- Utilizes Order Picker to pick products to fill customer orders or brings down pallets of reserve stock to replenish pick slots. Manually pick cases of product from warehouse racks to fill customer orders. building pallets of products picked to fill the orders. Recording daily actions by use of Voice-command, pick sheets and Power-warehouse.
- Fits products on a pallet; insuring heavy products on bottom to reduce damage, plastic wrapping them, and loading them onto a trailer.
- May operate an electric pallet jack to load pallets of products on to delivery trucks. Compiles un-palletized products onto pallets.
- Perform duties of a Warehouse Clerk
- Perform duties of a Forklift Operator, including: maneuver Stand-Up Forklift to put away or let down as many as twenty pallets per hour into warehouse racks up to 46 feet high.
- Manually lift pallets to move into place. Manually stock/pick cases of product into warehouse racks.
- Record daily actions by use of Radio Frequency Computer Terminal.
- Perform duties of a Selector, including: selecting full case grocery/perishable/frozen items, fitting these items on a pallet, plastic wrapping them, and loading them onto a trailer.
- Perform duties of a Backhauler, including: operate an electric pallet jack or clamp machine to transport pallets of product off inbound trucks. Compile un-palletized products onto pallets.
- Perform duties of a Porter, including: clean and maintain warehouse aisles and product slots. Remove product from slots with the use of a pallet jack, clean slot with cleaning supplies and an electric scrubber, and replace product. Clean warehouse offices, employee break areas, and restrooms.
- Must be able to work to the end of shift to include necessary overtime in order to meet business needs and willing to assist in other departments based upon business needs. Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Travel Required:No
- Warehouse : Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Warehouse : Perishable Warehouse (28F to 60F)
- Warehouse : Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Specialized Knowledge : Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Ability to operate battery hoist. Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Special Skills : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability and other characteristics required: Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely. Show reliability and maintain satisfactory attendance. Produce quality work. Ability to maintain required productivity/work expectations.
- Physical abilities: : Never crawling, sitting. Occasionally climbing up to 4 ft. (Must have fall protection training and using proper fall protection equipment). Occasionally smelling, balancing, kneeling, and talking. Frequently crouching. Frequently pushing and pulling up to 60 Lbs. Continuously handling, gripping, carrying, and lifting, up to 60 Lbs. Continuously feeling, pivoting, stooping, pivoting and reaching (level: Waist/overhead, etc.). Continuously standing and walking on surface type (s): Carpet, tile, concrete. continuously fingering, hearing, seeing and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
- Other: : Key Compentencies
- (People) •Inspires Trust • Builds upon your Talent • Creates an Inclusive Work Environment : (Business) • Drives for Results • Drives Continuous Improvement & Innovation • Facilitates Change
Years Of Experience
- 0-2 : Relevant Experience.
Attendance, General Equivalency Diploma - General Studies, High School Diploma - General Studies, Initiative, Productivity, Quality, Safety, Values
Hawaiian Housewares LTD
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.