As a Selector Trainee, you will work individually selecting full-case grocery, frozen, and/or perishable products from warehouse pick slots using a pallet jack or other equipment. You will either use order sheets or an audio headset. You will then fit the items on a pallet (are you good at Tetris?), plastic wrap the bundles, transport pallets to shipping dock and in some cases, load them onto a trailer for delivering to customers. All of our employees are expected to make safety their top priority.
- Ensure accuracy of work and adherence to production and safety standards
- Utilize necessary pick sheet or technology (e.g. voice, scanner) to select product.
- Operate double walkie-rider or pallet jack to remove case(s) of product from storage rack and place on pallet and stick selection labels to the appropriate cases (not in all cases)
- Move pallet on an electric pallet jack or walkie-rider until full or order is complete then transport pallets to shipping dock for delivery to retail stores.
- Use proper wrapping techniques to ensure safety of product to prevent damage and inform supervisor of any differences in case quantity and/or description.
- Write store number on pallets. (not in all cases)
- Use battery hoist and change battery, if necessary
- Keep work area clean
- Complete equipment inspection form
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Travel Required:No
Hiring immediately, to apply text "JOBS" to 32543
- Warehouse : Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Warehouse : Perishable Warehouse (28F to 60F)
- Warehouse : Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Specialized Knowledge : Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Ability to operate battery hoist Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Special Skills : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability and other characteristics required: Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely. Show reliability and maintain satisfactory attendance. Produce quality work. Ability to maintain required productivity/work expectations.
- Physical abilities: : Never balancing, sitting. Occasionally climbing up to 4 ft. (Must have fall protection training and using proper fall protection equipment). Occasionally smelling, crawling, kneeling, and talking. Occasionally, feeling, fingering, gripping and carrying up to 60 Lbs. Frequently lifting up to 60 Lbs. Continuously stooping, pivoting and reaching (level: Waist/overhead, etc.). Continuously standing and walking on surface type (s): Carpet, tile, concrete. continuously handling hearing, seeing and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
- Other: : Key Competencies
- (People) •Inspires Trust • Builds upon your Talent • Creates an Inclusive Work Environment : (Business) • Drives for Results • Drives Continuous Improvement & Innovation • Facilitates Change
Years Of Experience
- 0-2 : Relevant Experience .
General Equivalency Diploma - General Studies, High School Diploma - General Studies
2nd Shift (United States of America)
Hawaii Logistics LLC
About Our Company
Hawaii Logistics, LLC is one of the largest wholesale grocery suppliers on the West Coast, and is one of many companies within the C&S Family of Companies, the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. At Hawaii Logistics, We Select the Best® & those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with Hawaii Logistics, LLC. Hawaii Logistics, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.