As a Porter, you will clean and maintain the administrative offices, warehouse and other assigned areas in order to satisfy company and governmental guidelines. You will clean and sanitize designated areas of a warehouse as well as tend to product spill clean-up. All of our employees are expected to make safety their top priority.
- Clean and maintain warehouse aisles and product slots.
- Clean spills including damaged product, oil, grease, broken glass, etc. May require use of sawdust, brooms, mops, or shovels.
- Clean slot with cleaning supplies and an electric scrubber, and replace product.
- Occasionally pull product out of the slot with a pallet jack and cleaning behind it with the proper supplies and a scrubber.
- Cleaning break areas and offices when necessary.
- Collecting and baling plastic wrap throughout your shift.
- Sweep, mop, buff and wax floors. Vacuum carpeted offices/working areas.
- Clean bathrooms. (May be required to use bleach products.)
- Collect shredded paper and empty boxes. Collect paper to be taken to compactor. Empty trash cans.
- Clean fire extinguishers. Clean windows. Ensure lights are turned off and doors are locked when appropriate.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Travel Required:No
- Warehouse : Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Warehouse : Perishable Warehouse (28F to 60F)
- Warehouse : Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Specialized Knowledge : Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Ability to operate battery hoist.
- Special Skills : Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely • Show reliability and maintain satisfactory attendance. Produce quality work. Ability to maintain required productivity/work expectations. Ability to operate required materials handling equipment (MHE). Must be able to use necessary cleaning supplies. Excellent time management skills.
- Physical abilities: : Never balancing. Occasionally climbing up to 4 ft. (Must have fall protection training and using proper fall protection equipment). Occasionally smelling, kneeling, crawling, pivoting, crouching, fingering, feeling and talking. Frequently standing and walking on surface type (s): Carpet, tile, concrete. Frequently sitting and stooping. Frequently reaching (level: Waist/overhead, etc.). Frequently handling, carrying, pushing, lifting and pulling up to 60 Lbs. Continuously seeing, hearing and repetitive movement using both hands and feet. Must be able to stand or walk on concrete floors throughout your scheduled shift, with occasional overtime.
- Other: : Key Competencies
- (People) •Inspires Trust • Builds upon your Talent • Creates an Inclusive Work Environment : (Business) • Drives for Results • Drives Continuous Improvement & Innovation • Facilitates Change
Years Of Experience
- 0-2 : Relevant Experience .
Attendance, General Equivalency Diploma - General Studies, High School Diploma - General Studies, Initiative, Productivity, Quality, Safety, Values