Accelerated Tax Associate
At H&R Block, we believe in the power of people helping people. Our defining Purpose is to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients, associates, and communities everywhere. We also believe in a connected culture, valuing diversity and inclusion and making everyone feel like they belong.
We strive to continuously improve our business and have committed to a long-term strategy and transformation plan known as Block Horizons 2025. Our end goal is simple: bigger ambitions, faster transformation, and extraordinary results. It’s an exciting time to be a part of H&R Block!
At H&R Block, we're curious, creative, and always on the move. If you embrace challenges as opportunities and seek to make a meaningful difference where you live, work, and play, our door is always open.
A Typical Day….
Helping others is what we do best here, which means you will get to see the impact of your work firsthand. As you inspire people to make confident, informed decisions about their lives, careers, and money, you will build client relationships that will grow stronger each year.
Joining H&R Block as an Accelerated Tax Associate means you will have the support of an expert team dedicated to providing you with the advanced tax training you will need to be successful. The Accelerated Tax Associate is an accelerated path for career growth within H&R Block’s career path map. You will also have the freedom, flexibility, and extra earnings you will need to embrace what makes your life uniquely yours.
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- Conduct face to face tax interviews that will inspire confidence in our clients
- Prepare complete and accurate tax returns
- Generate business growth, increase client retention, and offer additional products and services
- Potential to provide IRS audit support
- Support office priorities through teamwork and collaboration
- Grow your tax expertise
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and virtually
- Successful completion of the H&R Block Income Tax Course²
- Must complete 3 hours of continuing education requirement and meet all other IRS and applicable state requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
It would be even better if you also had...
- Previous experience in a customer service or retail environment
- Sales and/or marketing experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, supportive environment
- Ability to work a minimum of 30-35 hours weekly throughout tax season and up to 40 hours during peak weeks
- Ability to work in multiple locations within a designated group of offices
Perks of the job….
At H&R Block, we believe and invest in our people by committing to their total well-being. Our benefit offerings can help associates plan for their unique health, well-being, and financial wellness needs.
- Medical coverage -allows eligible associate well-being programs including mental health support and coaching
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tax prep benefit – allows eligible associates to receive the same tax preparation as our clients, all with no direct cost to you!
- Other perks like flexible/remote opportunities that meet your life, collaborative teams and much more!
The Community You Will Join:
At H&R Block we remain committed to building a Connected Culture — one in which trust, care, and connections are how we work together as we continue to create an environment where everyone feels safe to bring their authentic self to work every day and feels like they belong as part of a larger team.
You will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists! You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow and support each other.
H&R Block is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and celebrate diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
If you’re looking to make an impact, H&R Block is the place for you.
2Enrollment in or completion of the H&R Block Income Tax Course is neither an offer nor a guarantee of employment.