Grace Pacific, LLC. is looking for their next Field Technician to work in our Quality Control Department. Do you have experience with compaction testing? Nuclear Gauge field testing? Have a passion for Quality Control? Working with Asphalt/Paving? Then this could be the job for you!
Here is what your day may look like:
- Completes and submits daily compaction reports which include a detail drawing of test locations in the work area to the QC Supervisor, Project Managers and/or Project Engineers.
- Uses nuclear gauge to test field density and sets up the daily rolling patterns in the field.
- Chalks the field density at specific locations for references for inspectors, Roller Operators and Forepersons.
- Works directly with Roller Operators to determine the appropriate number of passes for each roller in order to achieve the specified compaction.
- Cuts and tests core samples.
- Cuts the appropriate number of cores at each location daily or by the next morning.
- Labels and submits cores to the Project Manager / Project Engineer with data thoroughly recorded on a standard transmittal form.
- Follows department protocol when handling and storing cores to ensure core quality and prevent damage during transport.
- Submits daily/weekly core reports to the QC Supervisor, Project Manager and/or Project Engineer in accordance with department procedures.
- Performs field sampling of hot mix asphalt (HMA) as determined by department protocol.
- Takes daily jobsite photos before and after paving and stores photos in the department’s computer files.
- Checks daily with the Lab Technician and the QC Supervisor to assist with lab testing when compaction tests are not required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Here is what we are looking for you to have:
- High school graduate with strong math/science aptitude.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, E-mail. Adaptable to in-house software. Keyboarding skills sufficient to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Good math skills to perform accurate calculations for daily tasks.
- Able to read and understand job requirements and technical specifications.
- Ability to learn how to reference plans for test locations.
- Valid Hawaii driver’s license and favorable traffic abstract.
- Able to pass clearances for and obtain State of Hawaii Airports AOA, DBID's & TWIC badges.
- Nuclear Gauge certification or ability to obtain one within the initial 90-day introductory period.
- Ability to obtain security clearances within 90 days and maintain eligibility for all clearances.
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure effective internal and external communication.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs for long periods of time.