Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
Under general supervision, maintain and increase market share by satisfying existing and new customer needs and meeting management/department objectives. Coordinate customer service with all departments within organization. Develop a close working relationship with customers, and all coordinating departments.
- Account Management: Day to Day contact for Customer: Customer & Order Inquiries, Manage Customers & Ensure Customer Satisfaction; Build out customer call plan and execute against company expectations
- Identify customer and department needs and satisfy them effectively.
- Maintain and develop assigned customer base.
- Working knowledge of all products and categories to drive penetration of existing accounts.
- Cross-train and foster solid working relationships within department and with other departments.
- Input orders into computer system.
- Via telephone and other media, sell all major product categories through the presentation of new products, services, ideas, uses, and applications to meet all established sales and profit objectives.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining necessary company and customer files.
- Responsible for managing daily tasks and reports related to order processing, shipments, deliveries, customer needs, and others as assigned.
- Support company sales and gross profit projections and goals as needed.
- Attend meetings and other events as scheduled.
- Advance education and knowledge of products, company, and industry through assigned and self-directed internal courses, meetings, and other resources.
- Working different days, hours and overtime may be needed occasionally.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets company insurability standards. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality or Culinary Arts preferred
Experience and Professional Skills
- 1-3 years experience in sales and/or customer service position.
- Specialty food, specialty business, and/or culinary experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong numeric and alpha-numeric data entry skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a positive manner both verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Ability to sell, ability to multi task, familiarity with customer service activities and interdepartmental and cross-departmental communications, effectively present information, problem solver
The physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
- Sit for extended periods.
- Perform repetitive movement and use of fingers, hands, wrists, and arms to type, handle, feel, and reach.
- Talk & listen effectively.
Occasionally required to:
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is moderately loud.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Drug and Vision
- 401k with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more!