Your Neighborhood City Mill
Going in to a neighborhood City Mill is a local tradition started more than a century ago. Generations have not just shopped here – they’ve worked here, too. City Mill’s employed over twenty thousand of your family and neighbors all across the island. And as a locally owned company, City Mill knows how important those jobs have been - and will be - to local families. City Mill was founded and managed by the Ai family. The founder, Chung Kun Ai, started the business in 1899 and served as President until 1961. His youngest son David C. Ai managed the company until his retirement in 1991. Currently, his youngest grandson, Steven C. Ai manages the company as President together with his sister Carol Ai May as Vice President. We have a variety of positions available within our 8 City Mill locations as well as our sister store “Simply Organized” . We encourage you to apply!
SUPERVISOR POSITION SUMMARY:
At City Mill, we are looking for dedicated Supervisors to lead and grow within our business. Supervisors are responsible for the daily operations, managing employees, achieving milestones, and communicating with upper management.
The ideal Supervisor has leadership qualities as they are responsible for motivating employees and foster good company morale, be effective problem solvers, and customer-centric. Serving as the face of our company, he or she will be integral for our reputation for exceptional customer service.
- Consistently create a welcoming environment for customers by assisting and responding to customer inquiries and needs
- Supervising store and staff associates. Responsibilities will include scheduling, conflict resolution, disciplining, training and development
- Ensures store inventory meets customer demand
- Safety, inventory and shrink controls (merchandise protection and safety standards/processes)
- Analyzing market trends in order to set and monitor sales goals
- Oversees the overall maintenance and upkeep of the store
- Provides back up support to cashiers, sales associates and other departments as needed
- Three (3) years of retail experience required
- Two (2) continuous years of supervisory experience required
- Experience within the Home Centers & Hardware Stores Industry preferred
- Strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline such as business preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match
- Group Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Discount