Fleet Mechanic III
City and County of Honolulu
Title: Fleet Mechanic III
Salary: $ 5,260/month (BC-11)
Independently repairs, maintains and overhauls a variety of heavy motorized vehicles and/or equipment in the City's fleet (such as refuse trucks, dump trucks, cranes, bulldozers, rollers, graders, etc.), as a substantially full-time assignment; and performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Experience and/or training of sufficient scope and quality to competently perform the journey level skills and duties of a Fleet Mechanic III. Experience must have included the repair and overhaul of complex hydraulic and electrical systems on a variety of heavy vehicles, such as dump trucks, truck tractors, and/or refuse trucks.
1. Appropriate valid Hawaii State driver's license;
2. A valid commercial driver's license with proper endorsements, as required;
3. A current State Department of Transportation medical examination certificate, as required;
4. A current Certificate of Fitness for Crane and Hoist Operator, as required;
5. A certificate approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for the servicing and disposal of refrigerants, as required; and
6. A current State Department of Transportation safety inspector certificate, as required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer