Director of Dietary - The Gardens of St Francis
The Director of Dietary is responsible for ensuring the food service and dining for residents and customers remains in compliance with state and federal regulations. The Director of Dietary will perform overall department supervision as required and will daily directly supervise the Cooks, Culinary Technicians, Culinary Support staff, and Dining Attendants. This position requires overseeing the cooking of all foods, including special meals for events and catering.
Education: Dietetic Assistant’s course and/or commensurate schooling.
Experience: Restaurant or Health Care experience.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensures smooth operation of the Dietary Department.
2. Coordinates activities of the department to ensure high quality.
3. Confers with the Dietitian regarding patient food services and therapeutic diets.
4. Assists in menu planning.
5. Purchases needed small equipment, supplies, and food.
6. Inventories store room and keeps records of food costs.
7. Supervises food preparation, tray service, and dining room service.
8. Assesses resident trays and plates.
9. Makes substitutions in diabetic diets.
10. Makes records on meal census inventories.
11. Makes daily resident visits and interviews all new residents.
12. Maintains residents’ diet histories and diet orders.
13. Counsels residents and families in the areas of therapeutic diets.
14. Trains, supervises, evaluates, and disciplines all department staff.
15. Hires and terminates all department staff.
16. Prepares work schedules for employees and makes assignment of duties.
17. Instructs employees in use, care, and maintenance of equipment.
18. Maintains standards of sanitation and safety.
19. Attends department leadership, patient care, infection control, and safety committee meetings.
20. Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
We recognize our employees’ contributions to CHI Living Communities by offering benefit programs to enhance and preserve their work/life balance and help them protect, plan, and prepare for today and tomorrow. Benefits vary for PRN, part and full time employees, you can always check with the Human Resource Director at the Center for information. We truly believe that home is here for our residents and our employees.
Professional and Personal Growth Opportunities
CHI Living Communities supports employees’ professional and personal growth with opportunities on and off campus.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for full and part time employees
- Online Campus Learning with Relias Learning
- Dedication to identifying and promoting people from within
CHI Living Communities recognizes that employees need time away from work to rejuvenate and have a balanced work/life.
- Employees accumulate paid time off based on hours worked
- New employees can begin to accumulate up to 160 PTO hours off
- PTO increases with additional years of service
- Time and a half is paid for work done on holidays
- Company-paid time off for jury duty
- Company-paid time off for bereavement
Health Protection for You and Your Family
CHI Living Communities offers a comprehensive health benefit package to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family with special programs for weight loss and exercise. The following benefits are available to employees working 30 hours or more a week.
- Employee medical coverage with the majority paid by CHI Living Communities
- Multiple health insurance plan options so you can select the one that works best for you and your family
- Dental Option Plan with 75% paid by CHI Living Communities - Click here to learn about Superior Dental Care Value Added Benefits
- Vision Option Plan - Learn about a special hearing aid discount program connected with the plan
- 100% Company-Paid Short-Term Disability
- 100% Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Learn about our Virtual Physician Visit Program
- Earn money for your HSA just by walking every day - Read more about the Motion® Program here
Plans for You and Your Family’s Future
We value our employees’ futures.
- Full-time employees benefit from company-paid life insurance valued at two times their annual salary
- All employees are eligible for the Fidelity Investments 401K Plan
- Automatic employer contribution for employees who meet the 1,000-hour requirement and are active at the end of the calendar year
- All employees are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program through Mutual of Omaha that provides confidential assistance for employees and their immediate families, if ever in need