Human Resource Representative
CHAMINADE UNIVERSITY OF HONOLULU
Chaminade University offers its students an education in a collaborative learning environment that prepares them for life, service and successful careers. Guided by its Catholic, Marianist and liberal arts educational traditions, Chaminade encourages the development of moral character, personal competencies, and a commitment to build a just and peaceful society. The University offers both the civic and church communities of the Pacific region its academic and intellectual resources in the pursuit of common aims.
Title: Human Resource Representative
Division: Human Resources/General Counsel
The Human Resource Representative will assist the VP of Administration & General Counsel and the Human Resource Generalist with a variety of HR and administrative tasks including but not limited to reviewing job applications, managing and overseeing records, generating reports, inputting records and data into the HRIS system, and planning special events. This position is also responsible for ensuring that there is a confidential and professional environment in the Human Resources office at all times.
Direct Report to: Human Resource Generalist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the HR Generalist, the Human Resource Representative is responsible for the following:
- Maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of HR files; updating records including but not limited to insurance coverage, hiring, terminations, promotions, transfers, extended leaves of absence, and any other HR records.
- Performing periodic audits of HR files to ensure sustained accuracy.
- Maintaining the HRIS and ensures data is accurate; running reports as requested, audits active student worker and adjunct faculty lists; assists employees with HRIS tasks such as password reset and e-signatures.
- Handling employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Provides information and researches employee issues and concerns as needed
- Conducts employment verifications.
- Performing administrative duties such as creating check requests, reconciling bills, ensuring contracts and invoices from various vendors are tracked and paid.
- Assisting with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, employee recognition events, BlueZones events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Participating in employee development and training programs.
- Performing duties as requested to assist the Vice President of Administration & General Counsel (answering VP’s direct line, creating check requests, assisting with parking stall assignments for meetings, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the HR Generalist and/or the VP.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive. The percentages regarding the essential and non-essential functions of the job are not precise and are only an approximation, which can vary on a day-to-day basis and are subject to change on an as-needed basis and/or in the sole discretion of supervisory management.
Education and Experience
Associates degree from an accredited university and minimum one year administrative working experience in an office setting required. Minimum one year experience in human resources is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and work with individuals at all levels of the university.
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Organized and pays meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize work and resources.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail with a focus on thoroughness and quality.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to perform at a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish working relationships and use good judgment, initiative and professionalism when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow preferred.
- Experience working in higher education preferred.
Duties involve light work in an office and community setting and requires a minimum of physical effort with intermittent sitting, standing, climbing stairs, and walking inclines. Must be able to lift 20 pounds, walk the campus with ease, and have excellent motor skills. Must have finger dexterity. Must be able to communicate information and ideas so that others will understand.
Marianist Identity/Native Hawaiian & Pacific Island Serving:
An expressed willingness to respect and support the Catholic and Marianist identity of Chaminade University of Honolulu and to perform all duties in a manner consistent with Marianist educational values and mission of the University. Understanding of and respect for the University’s designation as an institution that serves students of Native Hawaiian and Pacific Island ancestry.