FOOD SERVICE AREA SUPERVISOR - MULTI UNIT
Bento Sushi is looking for a Food Service Supervisor to join our team in Hawaii.
The Food Service Area Supervisor is responsible for managing assigned Sushi Bars in their assigned region. This includes developing, supervising and coaching team members to ensure the highest levels of product quality and guest service standards are achieved.
Why you should join our team:
• We offer a comprehensive compensation package:
o Competitive salary and bonus plan
o Monthly car allowance
o Gas card for business travel
o Group health benefits and retirement plan for eligible employees
• Educational scholarships through our Bento Sushi Foundation as well as funding for other rewarding causes such as seafood sustainability and community involvement.
• Corporate Wellness Program that you can participate in, to take care of your health and well-being.
• Extensive training and opportunities for career advancement.
• Responsible for the overall day-to-day management and operations of assigned locations including people management, food safety, guest services, sales and food quality
• Accountable for recruiting, training, development and motivating hourly teammates.
• Daily store visits and monitoring of kiosks to ensure they are compliant with Bento regulatory requirements including quality assurance and food safety, health and safety standards and ensuring all required corrective action is taken promptly.
• Build and maintain strong customer relationships with store management and third party auditors.
• Execution of new store openings and implementing new product/program roll outs.
• Ensure that the labor and production plans are regularly amended to maximize profitability for each location through a combination of sales optimization and waste control.
• Ensure Daily Production Reports, payroll, checklists and reports are completed accurately for operational matters.
• Monthly inventory counts, Quality Assurance and Bento Compliance Audits.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Minimum 1 year of food service management experience, preferably in a multi-unit environment.
• Previous experience in the Sushi industry is preferable.
• Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to travel within an assigned region and with a flexible schedule to accommodate operational needs.
• Valid driver's license.
• Have strong communication skills in both oral and written English.
• Must be self-motivated and guest focused oriented.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure and deal with stressful situations.
• ServeSafe Certification an asset
At Bento, we are a dynamic team of people from different backgrounds, with distinctive backgrounds and talents, with the goal of delivering exceptional customer experience that defines us. If you are looking for a fun, friendly and fast-paced work environment where you can take great pride in what you do, then the possibilities we offer are endless. For more information about Bento Sushi and our opportunities, please visit www.bentosushi.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates elected for an interview will be contacted. Special consideration will be given to applicants with previous experience working as a; food service supervisor, area supervisor: food; district supervisor;regional supervisor; shift supervisor; assistant general manager; kitchen manager; store manager.