Customer Care Representative I
Customer Care Representative I (June) - Full-Time
Kapolei, HI, United States
**THIS POSITION STARTS JUNE 24, 2021 AND YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE TO BEGIN WORKING ON THIS DATE - YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK Mondays through Sundays
Under the supervision of the Call Center Supervisor and/or Management Team Leader, this position is a dedicated professional who, after successfully completing an initial training program, can accurately assist customers via incoming telephone calls with questions or issues regarding their accounts. Inquiries cover a wide range of financial-related topics, including product and account information, legal/dispute requirements, processing procedures and general investing. Responds to customer inquiries and offers alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining/increasing customer's business. As a Bank of Hawaii employee, you ensure (or assist with ensuring) compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. Delivering exceptional customer experiences is at the heart of what we do at Bank of Hawaii. We listen, understand and deliver what our customers need to help them build a better tomorrow.
Professionally handles customer service inquiries: Utilizes various bank systems to fulfill customer requests and answer inquiries regarding account-related transactions, Bank of Hawaii products, and/or services. Proficiently completes customer maintenance requests: Assists customers in filing account/card disputes, escalating account claims, completing/submitting customer account maintenance requests. Makes changes to accounts according to established procedures. May be required to work in one or multiple queues/skill sets over various customer contact channels. Must demonstrate good telephone etiquette and the ability to handle high call volume.
2. Reviews client accounts and transactions: Verifies transactions and takes appropriate action, identifies potentially fraudulent situations, and provides problem resolution concerning customer inquiries, complaints, or difficulties. Routes complex problems to supervisor or designated staff member for resolution. Communicates to management any complex and unique situations that need immediate attention.
3. Focuses on customer retention/relationship building: Handles customer concerns/issues and professionally responds to customer’s requests for assistance with bank accounts such as checking, savings, loans and other bank products and services. Requires analysis of customer accounts and effective communication skills to provide needed information to customer. Reviews customer profile and identifies customer financial needs, informs and recommends appropriate financial services. May perform research, submit web forms or complete tracking forms to ensure customer requests are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
4. Maintains up-to-date information and working knowledge of all Bank products, services and promotions. Must successfully complete training programs and work the schedule block hired for.
5. Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned.
This position requires use of a personal computer and other standard office equipment (fax, copier, calculator, telephone).
1. Education: High School diploma or G.E.D.
2. Experience: More than 1 year of well-rounded customer service and/or sales experience required, or equivalent work experience. Previous telecommunication work experience is preferred. Experience in handling customer service escalations is helpful and highly desirable.
3. Technical Skills: Demonstrated proficiency and expertise with personal computers and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or similar software. Knowledge of or ability to use Bank software and systems. Experience using computer based applications/web-based tools.
4. Other Job Qualifications: Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be analytical, detail oriented and organized with excellent listening skills. Must have good time management skills in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple priorities. Must have good reading and math abilities and be able to type at least 25 wpm accurately. Requires emotional maturity, excellent customer service skills including the ability to adopt a customer perspective. Must have strong problem-solving, decision-making and multi-tasking capabilities. Also requires the knowledge or ability to understand the Bank’s programs, products and services and to explain these confidently and accurately to customers. Requires the ability to remain calm, diffuse conflict and solve complex financial transaction issues professionally and accurately. Must be team oriented and willing to work with and support others in the team. Able to wear a headset while listening and speaking with customers and sitting for long periods of time looking at a computer monitor and using a mouse, keyboard and other computer equipment. Position requires flexible work hours in a 24x7 environment and ability to work the shift assigned. Due to the unique nature of the businesses 24x7 environment, specific policies regarding attendance and working conditions must be followed to ensure continuous customer support.
We are committed to fully complying in letter and in spirit with all Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We also foster a drug-free work environment.
In 1897, Bank of Hawaii was the first chartered and incorporated bank in the Republic of Hawaii. We’ve been here from territorial days, growing and changing with Hawaii. Today, we are the largest independent bank in Hawaii – a result of knowing our business and community, and always staying ahead of change. At Bank of Hawaii, we think of ourselves as forward thinking pace setters. We are constantly finding creative ways to deliver leading edge financial services to our customers. Now, we’re embracing change with our new 21st century banking.
It’s our people who help us succeed in offering first class service and products to our customers. As a member of the Bank of Hawaii community, you will be among the very best in your profession in an environment that places a high value on integrity, innovation and teamwork. People who are agile, savvy, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial can learn and grow with us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Job Identification3000515
- Job CategoryCall Center
- Posting Date05/10/2021, 11:45 AM
- Job ScheduleFull time
- Job ShiftRegular
- Locations 949 Kamokila Blvd, Kapolei, HI, 96707, US