Store Manager Hawaii Kai
STORE MANAGER HAWAII KAI $45K - $50K/YR (doe), ($250 Gas Card after 30 days and 90 days), Up to $5,000 in Sign-on Bonus (doe), Up to 20% of annual salary in Bonus, HMSA, Monthly Fuel Bonus $100, Vacation, Quarterly bonus.
Oversees the daily operations and is responsible for the store’s profitability, staffing, expense control, inventory levels and shortage control.
● Oversees all daily store operations.
● Ensures maximum dollar sales volume and profits are achieved by effectively controlling all facets of store operations.
● Ensures compliancy of all government regulations, laws, and company policies and procedures.
● Conducts employment interviews on viable applicants.
● Ensures completion of the “New Hire Packet” upon the job offer, prior to attending the training sessions.
● Trains, supervises, evaluates and disciplines all staff as required.
● Ensures company standards are met by providing quality customer service in a prompt and courteous manner.
● Communicates needs, problems, concerns with supervisor as needed.
● Assists in servicing customers and their needs.
● Completes and processes the store’s daily paperwork as required.
● Ensures proper security and safety standards are met in handling company documents, money, and property (i.e., cash handling, banking).
● Conducts inventory and orders appropriate quantities of merchandise.
● Receives and processes merchandise in a timely manner.
● Stocks and merchandises inventory as required.
● Survey the premises (inside/outside) to ensure appearance, security and safety standards are met.
● Ensures proper store staff coverage.
● Trains and coaches store staff.
● Conducts daily competitor fuel price surveys, and communicates prices to Corporate as directed.
● Completes weekly scheduling of staff to ensure proper store staff coverage
● Completes and submits payroll on a bi-weekly schedule.
● Attends quarterly manager’s meetings
● Conducts monthly store meetings
● Completes price changes as required.
● Covers shifts as required.
● Completes employee evaluations as required and submits to the Area Supervisor.
● Conducts employee evaluations upon supervisor’s approval
● Consults supervisor on handling employees’ problems
● Disciplines, counsels and completes written documentation on employees as required.
● Assist other stores as assigned.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Works indoors under regular store conditions.
● Works outdoors under regular weather conditions as needed.
● Daily use of a computer, calculator, safe, file cabinets, VCR, cash register, coffee maker, roller-grill, cappuccino machine, microwave oven, upright steamer, nacho machine, food warmer, pricing gun, overhead cigarette racks, cigarette locker and use of personal vehicle.
● Regular hooking up of C02 soda fountain air pressure dispenser tank, and BIBS Bag-In- A-Box Syrup dispensers.
● Sunday-Saturday availability
● Scheduled to work a minimum of 5 days and 40 hrs per week; all additional hours needed to maintain standards and adequate staffing, and avoid overtime; various shifts.
● Extended hours as necessary
● On-call to work varied work shifts (i.e. day, night, swing, or graveyard) as necessary
● On- call 24-hours/day for emergency
● Continuously requires attention to detail, concentration, and alertness.
● Frequently requires use of mathematical skills.
● Good judgment and the ability to make appropriate decisions with minimal lead time, to ensure store operations (in relation to customers, staff, vendors, etc.) run smoothly.
● Analyze financial reports and data, and make decisions based on the data to improve store operations and performance.
● Continuous fingering in cashiering, use of computer and calculator, use of corrected vision and wide field of vision.
● Frequent standing, reaching and handling.
● Occasional sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, walking use of eye-hand-foot coordination, depth perception, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. of merchandise cartons.
● Seldom requires climbing, balancing, running, use of color vision and visiting/working at other sites
● Continually talks to co-workers and supervises others.
● Frequently talks to customers/clients and talks to outside trade persons/vendors.
● Occasionally talks on the telephone, meets requests of co-workers, customers, vendors, trains, gives instructions and receives instructions.
● Responsible for proper applicant hiring process at store location.
● Coaches employees and uses progressive counseling process as indicated.
● Regularly talks on the telephone, writes/composes written language and reads.
● Requires mathematical ability for proper cash handling and to process daily paperwork.
● Ability to supervise, counsel, motivate, and train others
● Ability to prioritize and coordinate work duties and assignments
● Skilled in providing prompt, friendly and quality customer service
● Skilled in controlling inventory
● Skilled in problem solving
● High School Diploma or equivalent.
● Successfully completes Sales Associates Training Class
● Valid driver’s license required
● Attend seminars as assigned
● On the job computer training.
● 2– 5 years experience in a managerial capacity
● 2 –5 years experience in cash handling
● 2 –5 years experience in supervisory skills
Report directly to the Area Supervisor and works under the general supervision of the General Manager of Company Operated Stores.