Front of House Manager - 604 Ale House
"Founded in 2016, Restaurant 604 offers the best waterfront dining experience for military families, local residents, and those just passing through to enjoy a quality meal with excellent service.
Our success comes from the loyalty and dedication of our team, the Ohana. We are proud to employ nearly 300 team members, making 604 one of Hawaii’s largest locally owned restaurant operators. Together, we strive to impact our community by becoming one of the best workplaces in Hawaii.
The success of Restaurant 604 launched the family of 604 restaurants that includes Restaurant 604, 604 Express, The Beach House by 604, Mangiamo by 604, 60fore Bar & Grill and 604 Ale House. Our family of restaurants features an enjoyable experience for all with great food, live music, breathtaking views, and exceptional service with Aloha.
The Front of House manager is responsible for the day to day operation and management of the restaurant. Additionally, they are responsible for training, supervising, and scheduling front of house staff as well as ensuring that the restaurant is providing excellent service to guests while adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate daily operations
- Manage a team of front of house staff including scheduling and training.
- Assist in the interviewing and hiring of front of house positions.
- Ensure high-quality service and full-time guest satisfaction during all hours of operation.
- Ensure all quoted seating times are met and the waitlist is executed properly at the host stand.
- Ensure kitchen ticket times do not exceed or violate company standards.
- Maintain order and discipline in the restaurant during working hours.
- Attend management training/meetings including leadership and HR management training.
- Execute opening and closing duties to ensure they are completed correctly and that cleanliness and maintenance are maintained 100% of the time.
- Responsible for daily deposits, and the correct operation of the POS systems.
- Inventory and maintenance of par levels for front of house items as assigned.
- Providing excellent customer service to guests and excellent leadership to all employees.
- Gain working knowledge of sales goals, cost of goods sold, labor allotments, budget variance, inventory counts and all other reporting data as assigned.
- Enforce and monitor all health, safety, and sanitation standards in accordance with company policy.
- Handle/respond to guest complaints according to provided guidelines as needed.
- Work closely in being responsive with all management team members including the Executive Team to provide seamless execution of operational service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned including but limited to specific areas of responsibility assigned by AGM.
- 2+ years restaurant management experience.
- Positive attendance and work performance record.
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge.
- Strong leadership, motivational, people, verbal, written and communication skills
- Customer service experience as a Manager
- Excellent decision making, communication skills, and strong time management skills
- Experience using POS systems and cash handling.
- Passion for food and restaurant industry
- Familiar with restaurant and workplace safety policies and procedures.
- Strong computer skills, including G-Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.).
- Ability to influence others and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Organized and detail oriented approach, including strong analytical and tactical execution.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekends and/or holidays.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- High energy, positive personality with a sense of urgency..
- Strong organizational skills, can-do and positive attitude with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines and resolve issues effectively in a changing work environment.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Must have the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to lift, stoop, and bend.
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be efficient and accurate with money and figures including cash management.
- Must be able to pass food safety training.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
Benefits/Perks for Eligible Employees
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Emergency Days
- Referral Program
- Employee Discounts
- Skechers Direct Program
- Management Bonus Program
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- Group Life Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability"
Just to give you a brief overview of our company as well, right now we have six operating restaurant locations which are locally-owned. We are actively hiring for all six locations currently. We also have a seventh location opening sometime this Fall which we are hoping to hire a high number of people for at this event. Thank you again for all your assistance so far. Please let us know if additional information is needed. We are excited to attend our first in-person career expo since the pandemic began!